Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Mounting TV above dinette - '04 28' International

I have a 2004 28' International CCD and am wanting to mount a 32" TV above the dinette. I have seen it done before, so I know it's possible, I'm just a bit stumped on how to do it. The wall is pretty thin and behind it is the bathroom. I'm hoping to have any modifications be minimal. I was looking at this mount from Amazon which would allow us to easily remove the TV from the wall during transit:
https://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-Quic.../dp/B000W0ETD2

Any tips, tricks, suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	644.2 KB
ID:	267311  
gretchenfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

I have a 2004 Safari.
I mounted a 24 inch flat screen above the dinette. I used a regular swivel mount purchased at Costco.
The mounts have universal screw mounts that screw into the back of the T.V. Screws and everything else is included.
The mount screws into the partition between the dinette and refrigerator. The partition is made of particle board and is thick enough to securely hold the screws.
I got short screws so that there was no risk the screws would go into the refrigerator.
Even with a bigger tv, I don't think you will have a problem.
handn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado

Here is what you want:

http://www.morryde.com/products/65-u...%2F1-tv-mounts

I have used this mount for a 28" above my dinette and it is bombproof and low profile.

I have also used this one for a smaller 24" TV in the bedroom:

http://www.morryde.com/products/114-...%2F1-tv-mounts

These are IMHO the best mounts you can buy for an RV / travel trailer.

BTW measure before you buy your 32" - I wanted to mount one but 28" is the biggest I could fit in the space without it sticking out into the hallway... Good luck.

P
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Wulfraat - what type of screws did you use to secure it? Did they go through the wall so they are visible on the bathroom side? I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!
gretchenfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Daphne , Alabama
Mounting a TV in a CCD28, 2004 model

I have the same trailer as you. IMHO have you considered mounting the TV on the side of the black bulwark separating the kitchen from the couch? Where you have the fold down shelf? There, with a rotatable bracket you could let people see it from many positions, it won't bonk you in the head while eating, you won't have to deal with the bathroom issue, it would be much easier to take down, it would be more out of the way with visitors, there is a coax port right there, 12 volts (get a small converter to 115 volts) is right there, and et cetera. I have thought on this a long time as well and ended up with a small TV setting between the two bench seats on the table. Good for eating and rotate it to face the couch when desired. I hate all the cord issues with trying to install a tv.
IAMGLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenfran View Post
Wulfraat - what type of screws did you use to secure it? Did they go through the wall so they are visible on the bathroom side? I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!
There are screws that come with the kit I referenced above, the are 1" long or so, and are quite beefy. The wall you are mounting too is 3/4" thick, but there is another 3/4" of dead space between the wall and the fridge, so there is room for the screws to protrude a bit.

You will need to pull the fridge if you are going to run coax / HDMI from the back side... there are just 4 screws that hold the fridge in place I believe, plus some caulking that you will need to cut out at based of the fridge..

I have my apple TV and such in the cabinet above the dinette, and you can route cables up there (power, HDMI, etc..) via the fridge cavity if you want a clean install....
Old 07-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Not my site, but here is some great information nohow to revolve the fridge, etc...

http://www.advodna.com/2014/01/2005-...ridge-for.html

Now, it would seem that your unit has the shower behind the wall. So you have 2 options: (1) remove the shower for wiring behind the wall or (2) simple run the cables straight down behind the dinette desk, and plug the TV into the outlet below the dinette. you might start with option 2 - removing the shower is a little .... involved....

BTW I would recommend NOT installing a swivel mount... they cause the TV to stick out farther from the wall and the TV rubs the back of your head when sitting at the dinette....
Old 02-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #8
2001 Safari 25 SS Houston

2001 25' Safari
Tomball , Texas
My mount came with 2" long, thick bolts. I think this might be too long to mount on the wall which divides the dinette from the refrigerator. Should I use a shorter bolt or put something between the mount and the padded wall?
Old 02-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #9
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado

Shorter bolt - I seem to remember is used 1" bolts to mount my television bracket