Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #21
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Steve, to maximize the load carrying potentail, and minimize stress on the wood, I would use clear lexan on both sides of the wood, making a sandwich.
A larger piece of lexan inside the pocket door will spread the weight of the television out more, for you folks with the pocket door. I have no experience with the pocket doorm, though, so y'all are on your own for that part.
A small dab of clear silicone on the base of the nead of the carriage bolt will hold it in place for mounting, and if/when you want to remove it, it will allow the bolt to come out with only a little effort, unlike the epoxy suggestion. Also, since it is clear, any excess you don't wipe up will be much less visible.
If you don't like silicone, you can get a tube of 3M plastic and emblem adhesive, it is more like a glue, and will hold the bolt to the lexan, but not the wood.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Steve, to maximize the load carrying potentail, and minimize stress on the wood, I would use clear lexan on both sides of the wood, making a sandwich.
A larger piece of lexan inside the pocket door will spread the weight of the television out more, for you folks with the pocket door. I have no experience with the pocket doorm, though, so y'all are on your own for that part.
A small dab of clear silicone on the base of the nead of the carriage bolt will hold it in place for mounting, and if/when you want to remove it, it will allow the bolt to come out with only a little effort, unlike the epoxy suggestion. Also, since it is clear, any excess you don't wipe up will be much less visible.
If you don't like silicone, you can get a tube of 3M plastic and emblem adhesive, it is more like a glue, and will hold the bolt to the lexan, but not the wood.
Terry,

I do not have a pocket door. The picture I have posted is a wall constructed of a sandwich of 1/8" plywood (Bread slices) and a middle of cedar 1x2s. You can see where the screws attach to the cedar since they stand out nicely. I am looking for an arm similar to what Balgrn made as I don't need a huge telescoping arm, but I do need it to move out slightly for a turn.

Steve