Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Mount LCD TV

I just took delivery of a 2007 28 CCD and would like to mount a swinging lcd TV mount and am wondering if the anchors supplied with the bracket are adequate for use in a moving trailer. Has anyone been down this road?
Thanks

Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbollinger
I just took delivery of a 2007 28 CCD and would like to mount a swinging lcd TV mount and am wondering if the anchors supplied with the bracket are adequate for use in a moving trailer. Has anyone been down this road?
Thanks
If you are speaking about the LCD TV bracket from Airstream they are adequate. We've had ours installed for two years now, holding a 17" wide screen LCD without a problem. We sometimes travel some pretty rough roads too.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Can I order the bracket from Airstream?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbollinger
Can I order the bracket from Airstream?
No, Airstream only sells parts through their Dealer network which is a pain in the behind for us consumers. But you can call them and get the part number(s) Get the number for the bracket and the Velcro (hook and loop) straps. Try to order just these from your local dealer, should be about $50.00. Our local dealer at the time (now out of business) would not sell me just the bracket and Velcro. I had to purchase the LCD TV "kit" which included the VESA swing arm at a whopping $300.00! Now that's what I call an inflated price.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
I don't know the answer to your question. However, we had the factory install one of their customized cantilevered Omni mounts on the outside wall of our trailer last year.

First, they installed a wood box about 12" wide by 18" high on the wall that is tapered from being smaller at the top to larger at the bottom, to compensate for the rounded sidewall of the trailer, so the Omni mount is vertical when affixed to it. The box itself is hollow inside, so the wires from the TV run down inside it out of sight.

I didn't see how the wood box is affixed to the wall, but Airstream put a customized metal back plate on top of the wood box that has a total of 10 screws in it, plus the 2 large lag bolts in the Omni mount itself.

As I recall, Airstream charged us about $200 for the entire mounting system, including labor. I bought a Sharp flat screen TV on Ebay for less than I could have gotten one locally, we have Dish 500 with umpteen hundred channels, plus local channels from Denver when we spend the summer in Montana, and we're very happy with the overall product.

John