Old 11-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Line Out Audio Quality Bad

I connected a set of headphones to the line out jack on the speaker selection switch and the sound quality is very inferior with the Sony head set to Tuner. When I switched the source for the TV the volume was lower and the audio quality was very bad. The audio has no dynamic range, very tinny.

My preowned 2008 Classic 25fb came with a user manual for a Sony selector box which shows various inputs and outputs on the connection diagram. I believe the 10 disc play is connected to his device. The one output for headphones shows an adjacent volume control. I'm assuming AS has connected the external line out jack to this port on the device.

Has anyone listened to your TV or Sony head using headphones on this jack and is the audio good?

I'd like to be able to listen to the TV with headphones so as not to annoy DW sleeping in the front bedroom

KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Line Out Audio Quality Bad

Sounds like you have an impedance matching problem.
I believe the line out is designed to interconnect with an amplifier, not a head set.
Most TV's have a "headset" jack. Some are on the front, some are on the back.
If you have this jack the impedance matching should be correct. When the headset is connected thru the headset jack the cabinet speakers will be disabled.
I use a wireless headset to to hear the TV. A transmitter is plugged into the line out on the TV. The transmitter also serves as the charge station for the headset.

Sent from my iPod touch using Airstream Forums
Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote