Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Salisbury , Maryland
LED TV mounting on a Safari 25FB

I recently purchased a 2007 Safari 25FB. Previous owner had already mounted & installed a LCD TV on the bedroom wall next to the thermostat. It is on a locking articulating swivel mount. Travels well without problems. However, I need a TV in the galley/lounge area for occasional trips with the grandkids. I bought a 24" LED TV that supposedly weighs 7 lbs and the logical place would be to mount it on the wall shared by sofa and refrigerator as the hook ups are already there. Would like to use another articulating/locking mount like in the bedroom. The mount have 4 holes to attach to the wall and 4 holes to mount to the 100X100 VESA on TV. Is this wall substantial enough or will I need to pull the refrigerator to install a backing plate for the mount? Boy, I would rather not have that much fun in this whole process. Has anyone else done this project? Advise?

Thanks,

HW

Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi MHBroker!

We have a '99 25' Safari and discussed mounting one on our wall where the frig/living room area join, which is where I believe you are discussing. On ours, we have a cabinet above the frig, and that is where we had thought about mounting ours.

Deb

Old 05-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Sorry, I knew what I was talking about, but I'm certain you probably didn't. We had thought we'd place a mounting bracket inside that cabinet above the frig; we were doubtful about the wall being able to support the weight, but ours is a 27", I believe.

Deb
Old 05-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHBroker View Post
<SNIP> Is this wall substantial enough or will I need to pull the refrigerator to install a backing plate for the mount? Boy, I would rather not have that much fun in this whole process. Has anyone else done this project? Advise?

Thanks,

HW
I'm doing the same in my 1998 25Ft Safari and I was also concerned about the wall strength so I did pull the refrigerator and glue a piece of 3/4" plywood to the inside of the wall using construction adhesive. The mount I'm using is the same on that Airstream mounted in a 23ft 2013 that I saw at the local dealer.

Pulling the refrigerator isn't that hard - Just time consuming.....

Here is a link - Moview LCD Tv Mount, Double Swing Msdsl-1 : Amazon.com : Automotive

Orin