Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

LCD wall mount bracket bargain pricing

Heys guys and girls, just for you miss Bam, Cody, Janet, Tina and Debbie, was looking at Costco for a wall mounting brackets for the flat screens. They have two to choose from one for $90.00 and one for $60.00. After searching I found this place in my backyard, Rancho Cucamonga, and thought there must be more looking for the same item. Well here is the web site

Wall Mount Bracket

You will need to scroll down to item #3411 cost $20.61 and supports up to 66 lbs = 17"~ 30"

Item #3055 just a bit further down cost $14.84 and supports up to 44 lbs
flat screens 10"~30"
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Thanks for the link. These prices seem too good to be true. I haven't seem prices that good. Have you brought one of these and how was it? I would be intested in the 3411, I would rather go with the heavier duty model. The two that you have listed are now on backorder.
Thanks Again for the link, Richard
SaabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I don't know anything about this particlar product, but I've been using producst from monoprice for many years-- particularly, their A/V cables. Their prices on cables are substantially lower than you find at electronics stores, and they're just as good. For those who don't know, you do NOT need "monster" cables for your HD video and high fidelity audio cables. The only difference is the price.
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:51 AM   #4
Refurbished 89 Excella

1988 29' Excella
Sugar Valley , Georgia
Actually, Utee, there is quite a difference between cables used in audio/video. I will be the first to admit that the "monster" is a bit much; but to make a blanket statement that it makes no difference is incorrect.

At any rate, my question is how to adapt the LCD to the bracket? Great thread and thanks..........Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I'm really not trying to argue with you here, but in the vast majority of cases, there is little or no difference. Two of my close electrical engineering friends performed independent studies at MIT and The University of Texas on this very subject while they were obtainining their PhDs.

The gauge of wires makes the largest difference, the branding is irrelevant. Save your money and don't buy "Monster" branded anything.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Actually, I tend to agree with Utee94 - at least in regards to audio (live sound reinforcement and studio recording; I'm not real familiar with video). You can pay out the arse for "pretty cables" with all sorts of gold bands, blue rubberized dodadds and nice texturized cable...

Or, go to the local electronics supply and buy a bulk roll of beldon cable, (substantial guage), XLR or 1/4" jacks and save the money for the single malt scotch consumed to facilitate the project...

Beside, home made are best!
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon
Actually, I tend to agree with Utee94 - at least in regards to audio (live sound reinforcement and studio recording; I'm not real familiar with video). You can pay out the arse for "pretty cables" with all sorts of gold bands, blue rubberized dodadds and nice texturized cable...

Or, go to the local electronics supply and buy a bulk roll of beldon cable, (substantial guage), XLR or 1/4" jacks and save the money for the single malt scotch consumed to facilitate the project...

Beside, home made are best!
Amen brother, I can hear that bottle of Lagavulin calling right now.

Anyway, the whole point of my original post was to confirm that monoprice carries good stuff even if the price seems quite low. This particular flat-panel mount is inexpensive enough that you could buy it and if it DOESN'T work out for you, you still haven't invested that much.

If you decide to get it please post back here with your experience. I'm sure a lot of people are interested in adding TVs to their rigs and would like to know of inexpensive alternatives to the big name stores.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
Ditto for me! I'll be in the market for one in a few weeks!

Jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote