Old 12-15-2005, 10:48 PM   #71
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
TV Mount

I finally finished the mount when it came in a couple hours ago.Thanks Barkingspider for the pics.those helped alot.I pretty much did a copy of what you had and it works very well.I had to mount it on the spice rack because that is about the best place to put it if you have a 19' bambi safari.I really dont use the spice rack anyways except to put small items and such in there.It is definantly a plus to have a TV when you have a little one.I am thinking about selling the sony deck that is in the Airstream.What does everyone think I can get for something like this.I want to replace it with the JVC DVD player instead.You can hook up quite a few things to it also.Any idea of what kinda price I can get for it.Thanks

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #72
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Where at??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
Good move on the base plate w/velcro straps. Ours works great and is solid as a rock.
Any suggestions about where to get the straps and velcro.

Mitch

Old 12-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #73
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Parts

I called airstream for the part #'s and then called a dealer to order it for me.It only took about four days to get it.Now that christmas is really close though it may take a bit longer.Then again I could be wrong.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:42 PM   #74
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Good Source for Buckles and Straps

I purchased two 1 inch side buckles and 10 ft of 1 inch wide webbing material for a grand total of $8.54, which includes shipping from the following site.

http://www.myebestbuy.com/

Our final mounting solution was to purchase a 20" Sharp Aquos LCD on the normal wall mount bracket. It allows a 30 degree movement up and down as well as side to side. To mount the bracket, I placed it on the wall of the refrigerator.

On the '75 Excella, I wanted to ensure that there was enough material behind the vinyl surface material and removed the right section against the fridge. What I found was a 3/4" thick piece of plywood secured to the side of the fridge, underneath the vinyl surface. This was used to secure the 'old' shelf style of TV stand.

To spread the weight of this set, I mounted the wall bracket onto a 8 X 11" piece of 3/16" aluminum that I paid $10 for. Now, instead of having 2 screws holding the bracket to the wall, we have 12. Man...it's sturdy as a rock!

With these straps and buckles, I have the piece of mind that the Aquos won't move, no matter how rough the road is. Pictures to follow!!

Mitch
Old 01-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #75
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Photo of TV

Here's a photo of the Aquos 20" TV, mounted where the old platform used to be. I used a 8 X 10" piece of 3/16" aluminum as the backing plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	17513  
Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #76
2 Rivet Member

Latch for LCD mount

Some time ago I saw a post with a picture of the Airstream LCD mount bracket with a latch instead of the Velcro strap. I have the Airstream mount plate, the Omni mount and a Bisco E2-50-101-10 latch kit. Now I need the picture of the install to assist me in completing the job. Can anyone remember where that post was?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #77

2006 16' Safari
Vancouver , Washington
Does anyone have the dimensions on the part #111125. I need to know the length of the arm because I plan on using it to watch tv in my bed and dining tableof my bambi quiksilver trailer.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #78
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Our Airstream didn't come with the A/V package so for Father's Day the family gve me a 20" LCD TV and the Omni Mount arm. Omni Mount does not recommend their arm for rv mounting and won't warrant it for that kind of installation so they don't sell the back plate and straps. Only Airstream manufactures the one that comes with their installations.

I purchased the back plate while in JC a few weeks ago and installed it myself. I replaced the yellow caps on the 1/4" threaded rods with well nuts to give better cushion to the back of the TV. The only thing is that I haven't tried to feed the audio through the Airstreams existing speakers. This would be very nice to do since the audio gets drowned out every time the A/C unit comes on. When it does it is impossible to hear the TV without cranking up the volume to a defening level when it cuts off. Anyone been successful in routing the sound through the speakers in the ceiling? Is this something a stereo shop can handle or would they even have a clue?
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #79
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
cheap surround sound

I used a cigarette lighter-style FM transmitter that uses the output from the TV earphone plug. I've seen various styles at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. for about $30. (my daughter uses one in the car to listen to her iPod through the car stereo)

Simple to use, just plug it into the 12v, attach the cable to TV and tune the coach's stereo to an available channel. I get sound right over my head when sitting on the couch and even get remote control of the volume as a bonus. Works even nicer when I'm laying in bed and too lazy to move the TV to the rear bedroom position.

On my trailer, I've mounted the LCD from beneath the locker just forward of the dinette which puts it right near the 12v source and the TV centrally mounted.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #80
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
MM,
Does your headunit have an integrated DVD/CD player or is it just CD? Does the headunit have an open AUX port not being used? There are a couple of ways to hook it up to the stereo. Our LCD is hooked up to the stereo so when you watch a DVD like... Jimmy Buffett...the speakers and the subwoofer thumping...for full concert effect. Now with that said when the on-air antenna is used and you're watching TV it is not coming out of the overhead speakers just the TV I need to rewire the set-up.. but we hardly watch TV just play movies or live music DVDs...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #81
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
The head unit is CD only; no DVD. I'm ashamed to admit this in a public forum mainly populated by other men, but I don't know the answer to your second question Brent . It is a Sony, I know that much and it is XM ready, now I get lost from there. It looks like I may have to do the unthinkable and get out the owner's manual and actually read some of it .

This week end is the first time I've ever even turned it on. Quiet frankly this is the first unit that was more complicated than I could figure out just by turning it on and playing with the buttons for five minutes.

We were in the mountains this past week end in a valley where we couldn't even get FM so I put a CD (Jimmy Buffet, of course) in for the first time. We did have cable and the kids watched one movie on TBS and we watched one on DVD (RV no less, I felt like I was watching home movies of myself).

I mounted the LCD in the same spot that Airstream mounts it and the Omnimount allows us to swing the TV around to face the master cabin after the kids have gone to bed. I have a VCR/DVD combo in the overhead next to the bulkhead between the dinette and the master cabin. This makes it convenient to the cable/antenna male fitting and the power port under this overhead and ac receptacle in the overhead.

I didn't know there was a device like you described B25 guy. I'll have to look for one before our Labor Day trip.

Brent, you're our resident expert, I'd like to hear your suggestions too. I'd expect they would be more permanent and maybe have fewer remotes to keep up with.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 08-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
The head unit is CD only; no DVD. I'm ashamed to admit this in a public forum mainly populated by other men
No reason to be ashamed...admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.. so try this.... there should be a button that says mode or input or something like this on the headunit (it's the same button you'd push to change inputs for AM/FM to CD to AUX if there is one available)

If you do have an AUX input you'll simply run RCA cables (red and white) from the DVD/ VCR combo ‘audio out’ to the aux input on the back of the headunit. When you play a dvd you will put your headunit on AUX and the sound will come out the speakers.

Hiding the wires shouldn't be that bad there are removable wood plates in the back of two overhead cabinets.

Take a look…. if you don't have an open input on the headunit you’re SOL.. so the solution will then be…. put a new DVD headunit on the xmas list and let an installer put it in and sell the old one on eBay.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
MM, after consulting with others, the conclusion has pretty much been made that modern Airstreams are pre wired for the A/V packages, including cable to and from the TV mounting location to the rear of the stereo.

I would suggest reading a few entries on my thread titled "Mystery wires behind stereo".

Chances are very good that your trailer is wired up. Depending on the exact stereo, you might need to get an AUX adapter. If you Sony is like mine, I need an external box that I bought at Crutchfield. Can you get the model number off of the stereo? I can use that find out what your connection options are.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #84
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfalia
MM, after consulting with others, the conclusion has pretty much been made that modern Airstreams are pre wired for the A/V packages, including cable to and from the TV mounting location to the rear of the stereo.

I would suggest reading a few entries on my thread titled "Mystery wires behind stereo".

Chances are very good that your trailer is wired up. Depending on the exact stereo, you might need to get an AUX adapter. If you Sony is like mine, I need an external box that I bought at Crutchfield. Can you get the model number off of the stereo? I can use that find out what your connection options are.
I'll take a look this evening or this week end. With all the rain we've had this week I have some serious grass cutting to do! and will have to work the grass mowing in when I can and investigations around that.

For some reason, the buttons haven't done anything when I press them. That's why I haven't been able to figure this one out. My only success with the CD player this week was using the remote...it has fewer buttons! Seriously, there has been no response to the controls except the FM search and it didn't find anything in the mountains this week end.

WBCCI# 4821