Views:	306
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	7026  

Old 06-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #16
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Hi Linda.

Anxiously await your report on the 300. Should be an easy install, and I think the unit comes with the cables you need.

Jonathan

Old 06-09-2004, 08:23 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

Thumbs up Sony XA-300

Easy and works GREAT! I have a coupon code for Crutchfield. If anyone wants it, send me a pm?
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

Sony XA-300 install diagram...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SonyXA-300.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	7139  
Old 06-10-2004, 02:42 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

The install is plug and play except for putting things back and sticking it with the Velcro. My hubby is very pleased with it.
The discount is only $20 off $200, and the box is $99. If a referral spends $200, I get a coupon enticing me to spend more too.
Now I'm looking at how to hook-up the iPod in our truck(s). ipodlounge.com has a forum with some good information, but I am NOT technical at all. It looks like it isn't very difficult, but... Anyone done this yet?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:33 AM   #20
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaShep
The install is plug and play except for putting things back and sticking it with the Velcro. My hubby is very pleased with it.
The discount is only $20 off $200, and the box is $99. If a referral spends $200, I get a coupon enticing me to spend more too.
Now I'm looking at how to hook-up the iPod in our truck(s). ipodlounge.com has a forum with some good information, but I am NOT technical at all. It looks like it isn't very difficult, but... Anyone done this yet?
Linda,

I connect my iPod through my Touareg's stereo system. It was an interesting install and required the removal of the radio and attachment of a device (in my case a Blitzsafe Audio Device (Blitzsafe) that treats the iPod as a CD changer. The device has RCA audio inputs that take audio "out" from the iPod. It channels this audio into the Touareg's stereo system as would the CD changer.

Works great. You might look around for something you can use on your tow vehicle. Might be that Blitzsafe has one.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:17 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Unhappy

Hi Jay:
The Sony XA-300 works great. I'll check out the Blitzsafe Audio Device (Blitzsafe) for the truck, sounds good to me.
We spent a couple of days at San Mateo campground last week. I learned an aggravating lesson... seems if you install a new system in OSX, you wipe the iPod library the first time you use it! Now I'll be spending a lot of time rebuilding it. This time though it will be completely backed up on another external drive. I didn't realize what had happened until I plugged it in to the trailer. Over 10 gigs of music (*sigh)
Old 08-01-2004, 10:26 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Nope Blitzsafe doesn't work with our vehicle. Something about a problem with it may cause the airbags to deploy?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #23

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Thumbs up

Linda,

You might try this >> Icelink

For GM products >> GM Icelink
Old 08-06-2004, 12:55 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

Yeah! These look like a good fix. I'll do some reading on these. Thanx!
Old 02-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Portland , Oregon
Should I be able to listen to the TV audio through the stereo system? I see 2 sets of cables leaving the TV and entering the stereo. One set plugs in with the "JVC-AUX" switcher. As is, if I change the stereo input to "Line In" with the TV on I don't hear any new audio. If I unplug the TV cables and plug in my iPod I can get it playing through the stereo (yippee!!!).

I also found that I can plug my iPod into the back of the TV and listen to it as the Component - much more convenient than hassling with the stereo and adding another switch. If I could then hear this same audio through the stereo system instead of just the weak TV speakers then I would be really happy, and there would be no need for additional hardware.

Second question, when playing a DVD should I be getting any audio from the TV? Now, there isn't any, just the speakers at the front and the back of the trailer. There is a "speaker select switch" on the side of the stereo cabinet. When set to "In" I have front and rear, "Out" rear only, and "Both" is, yes, both.

Thank you. This is hard to troubleshoot with cables running through the walls. At least it only took 3 screws to get into the inputs on the back-side of the stereo.

- Jill

(Sharp Aquos TV
JVC KD-DV5000 stereo.)
Old 02-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Portland , Oregon
Post Figured out half the battle

On the TV Setup menu there is an option for AV2 for In or Out. If I change to Out then I have TV audio over the stereo - including Component, which is now my iPod!!!

Maybe if I read the TV manual (gasp!) I'll be able to figure out the DVD audio from the TV issue.

Jill
Old 02-06-2005, 12:27 AM   #27

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:
also found that I can plug my iPod into the back of the TV and listen to it as the Component - much more convenient than hassling with the stereo and adding another switch. If I could then hear this same audio through the stereo system instead of just the weak TV speakers then I would be really happy, and there would be no need for additional hardware.

Second question, when playing a DVD should I be getting any audio from the TV? Now, there isn't any, just the speakers at the front and the back of the trailer. There is a "speaker select switch" on the side of the stereo cabinet. When set to "In" I have front and rear, "Out" rear only, and "Both" is, yes, both.
Good idea using the component jacks on the TV for your iPod! I never checked that out but instead did the A/B switch on the original post.

No, you won't get any sound from the TV when using the DVD - at least I don't..

Old 05-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
1959 22' Flying Cloud
1957 26' Overlander
Reno , Nevada
Send a message via AIM to albert Send a message via Yahoo to albert
can I reopen this can o worms? Im trying to build a stereo system after tearing out my 8 track player and am/fm radio in my 70 ambassador.
I suspect I need a car stereo to start, but then I want to be able to use an iPod for sure and then i want to add a tv and have the sound come from the stereo and coach speakers. Can someone PLEASE guide me through this? Im NOT good at this stuff. What does the sony XA 300 piece you talked about do?