Old 04-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Back on Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermcfrug View Post
I'm afraid I'm not getting much help here. We've established that you need an HDMI cable to go from the satellite receiver to the TV. However, readers seem to be glossing over the key consideration I posed at the outset: on a 20' Flying Cloud the TV is mounted over the fridge on the right side of the trailer while the incoming cable from the satellite dish goes to a box (I believe!) that is located along the LEFT side of the trailer, under the dinette table. So you just can't say "move the satellite receiver closer to the TV." I'm asking if A/S now runs HDMI cables or would run an HDMI cable if asked during the trailer assembly process or if they is any realistic way to carry a HD signal from the satellite receiver on the LEFT side of the trailer to the RIGHT side. I'd appreciate any thoughtful comments.
Here are 3 options from my first post, I don't have any idea why links to Markertek.com show up as "Need Cookies Enabled". Probably something to do with posting to a forum. The links do work though. These products would be my choice for your situation.

2 panel mount options:
Need Cookies Enabled
Need Cookies Enabled

and a wall plate option:
Need Cookies Enabled

Put one on each side and have a HDMI cable strung through the ceiling connecting the two. Then you can use a short HDMI cable from the receiver to the outlet on the wall and another from the other outlet to the TV.

They also have devices for running HDMI over parallel lengths of CAT5 or CAT6, but they are much more expensive and are really intended for longer runs than HDMI will support. Would be overkill for your needs.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
2010 20' Flying Cloud
Los Gatos , California
I have ordered a FC 20 due to be at my dealer in late February '10. I requested an HDMI cable installed during production. The cable does not come as a standard feature in the FC.
The factory has proposed an HDMI cable be installed in/from the overhead locker to the TV location. They also proposed installation of a 110V outlet in the locker as well.
The cost will be $545.00 to which I have agreed.
I hope this answers your question!

TerryC

Old 02-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
I have ordered a FC 20 due to be at my dealer in late February '10. I requested an HDMI cable installed during production. The cable does not come as a standard feature in the FC.
The factory has proposed an HDMI cable be installed in/from the overhead locker to the TV location. They also proposed installation of a 110V outlet in the locker as well.
The cost will be $545.00 to which I have agreed.
I hope this answers your question!

TerryC
You are my hero.

That is the ONE thing that drives me crazy about my 'stream... the composite connection from the a/v cabinet to the HDTV. ONE crappy little, unshielded, RCA connector.
Watching DVD's from the factory installed progressive-scan player, on the high-end SONY HDTV looks like a 3rd generation VHS dub.

It appears there is no way to get anything (HDMI or component cables) from a/v cabinet above sofa, to where the HDTV is mounted.

Oh well, I guess that's what makes our camping "roughin-it"
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
2010 20' Flying Cloud
Los Gatos , California
Smile

Hey, NO HDMI, cable? It made me wonder too, after all we're living in the 21ST century. I'm glad airstream finally gave up on the cassette players

TerryC

PS I'm am happy that the factory accommodated my request. Maybe they will soon make the cable a standard feature.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
TerryC,

Only $545 installed? Great deal. This may explain in part why an AS sells for several times an SOB's price: creative profit creation!

Maybe send them the links posted here so they can save a bit more on buying the cables...?