Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV

Old 07-07-2015, 06:09 AM   #1
67 Globetrotter
1967 20' Globetrotter
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Minnesota
Great Deal on Denon AVR-S700W 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver with Bluetooth Wi-Fi

299.00 / 200 off
Not a techy on this, but I thought this might be a good deal for someone ready to update their system. I get these deals sent to me via email every morning. This looks like a great setup. If I'm reading it right, you can set up your speakers without wires ( could bring outside even ) and this will also link to any campground wireless router and stream also from phone..... watch internet TV, listen to music from phone....

KrisE MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
1994 34' Limited
Round Rock , Texas
Thanks for posting, this does look to be a good deal. These are really solid devices (I've got one of their high end units at home), but not sure its going to work too well in a TT environment (unless your full timing). The storage environment, and movement of the trailer is likely to upset the electronics in these. Technically...they don't even like to be in enclosed spaces without a fan running in the background. Also, its only going to do audio streaming, not TV. Plus, with as much as folks are looking at the weight of their trailers, is this really where you want to throw 30-50 lbs of weight?

If someone is looking to add surround sound to their home, this is a pretty good starter for that.

txtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member
1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
We have one of these, and honestly we have a lot of issues with it. The iphone integration isn't the best and some times it just stops playing music and you have to power cycle it to get it working again. We also had the display go out, which is common problem too, and required us to take it to a local service center.

I iphone works so poorly, my wife has resorted to using a cable, as the Airplay and Bluetooth support is so bad. And yes we updated the firmware to the latest.

Wifi is also 2.4Ghz only.

We paid the same price at a Fry's on sale.

damonbeals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Shipping weight 22.8 pounds, plus a pure sine wave inverter. Wouldn't work for me.
"Between what matters and what seems to matter, how should the world we know judge wisely?" - E.C. Bentley, Trent's Last Case
drboyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:09 AM   #5
67 Globetrotter
1967 20' Globetrotter
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Minnesota
Thanks for posting. The reviews don't reflect these issues and I haven't gotten to the electronics upgrade yet on my AS. No wonder they're going on sale.

I didn't realize even the electronics of campers were modified but makes sense.
KrisE MN is offline   Reply With Quote