Old 11-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Sunrise Beach , Missouri
Flat panel TV in Airstream

We have had a Sony 19" KLV-S19A10 in our 31 Classic for nearly two years with no problems and good results. But we added the new Wineguard Digital HD Receiver from Camping World earlier this year and the reception is incredible. It converts the standard Wineguard batwing antenna which is standard equipment to HD and it's well worth the $149 they are now selling them for at CW. Link to this follows:

Winegard Digital HD Receiver - Camping World

Old 11-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #58
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
HD reciever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine
We have had a Sony 19" KLV-S19A10 in our 31 Classic for nearly two years with no problems and good results. But we added the new Wineguard Digital HD Receiver from Camping World earlier this year and the reception is incredible. It converts the standard Wineguard batwing antenna which is standard equipment to HD and it's well worth the $149 they are now selling them for at CW. Link to this follows:
What do you need that thing for? No HD tuner built in to the TV?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #59
Alumination

2005 28' Safari
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via MSN to njoysrvin
We installed a 15" flat screen TV with a bracket made for wall mounts last year and have been around the country 2x without any problems. We put a piece of foam on the top and bottom ( between tv and wall) while traveling. It has A DVD player , making it extend a few inches from the wall.We also installed a central vac. Love both.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
We have two flat screens in the Argosy. One mounted and the other a little 15" up front. The only problem we have had is with the built-in DVD in the little one. I sent it back and it was replaced. So far so good. No problems with the large wall mounted one which is connected to satillite and to a DVD/VCR up in the overhead cabinet.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:30 AM   #61
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
Punta Gorda, , Florida
Flat panels and how they travel

We have two in our 34. Been traveling with us for four years with no problem. We just went to HiDef and trying to figure out what to do with the newer dish. Right now it's on a heavy board and working fine. Easy to adjust regardless of what Direct says.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #62
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We have two flat panel tv's in our coach, one an HD model. Both travel wel, and have not given any problems with the bouncing. SOme roads we have been on have been rough, to say the least.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Our '08 Safari FB came with the full A/V package which included a pretty good size Samsung HD LCD receiver. It's wall mounted (facing dinnete and can swing around quite a bit). Locks to wall for traveling (difficult to unlock—requires miniature fingers). Can't see it from bed on our 25', but on the 27', you could. I have no idea how to get digital or HD on-air channels as we are just figuring it out, but I suppose (hope) the antenna can receive those signals. It appears we have to set it up for every cable connection at every campground, or same for on-air. So far, excellent picture. Samsung and Sony share a lot of parts, but we bought a Sony for home as it was a little better. I hate reading those instructions. They assume I know what they're talking about. If you're not electronically inclined and want HD or digital, find a 9 year old and they'll explain it to you.

Gene
Old 01-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2001 27' Safari
Springfield , Virginia
AC-DC Flat Panel 16:9 with ATSC digital tuner and DVD

It looks like there is finally an LCD wide flatscreen TV that can be used in RV on either AC or 12-volt DC power. Check out the Polaroid PLD 1913TDXB carried by Circuit City. This is a 19 inch set with 16:9 screen ratio. It has the new ATSC digital tuner and a built in DVD player, all for $350. It supports resolutions up to 1080p. While the listed specs don't say so, the power connection to the TV from an AC outlet is made through a cord with an in-line transformer that feeds the TV 12 volts DC at about 4 amps. Thus, when you are not using shore power, you should be able to use a Radio Shack cigarette lighter cord off your 12-volt wall outlet to power the set, according to Polaroid's customer support rep. See an ad for the set at Buy the Polaroid 19" LCD HDTV/DVD Player Combo and other LCD & Plasma TVs at circuitcity.com
If anyone has bought this TV and tried the above, please let me know how it worked.

Lew Brodsky
Springfield VA
2001 Safari 27
Old 01-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2012 20' Flying Cloud
it depends , changes frequently
LCD wall mounting?

Hi - I wonder if anyone can give my some advice/tips. I just got a 2007 20' Safari. There's a cable connection and electrical outlet in the bed"room" and I'd like to mount a 19" lcd tv (insignia, with dvd player) to the wall there that separates the bed from the dinette area. I'm wondering if that wall will support the weight of the TV and mount (maybe 16-17 lbs total). THe mount is a peerless articulating arm with 2 bolts for the wall. That would mean the bolts would come out on the dinette side and be visible, which is fine by me - i can probably hang a clock over them or something....but I'm a little nervous about drilling into these nice walls without consulting some seasoned pros first. What do you think? Does my plan sound fine, or should i consider a more elegant solution? Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

-silversnail
Old 01-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #66
_

. , .
hi silversnail

welcome to the forums!

it might work, but i'd want a backing plate of some sort on the far side of the wall.

u might email tech support at the a/s factory and ask them...

on newer units they are pretty responsive to these questions.

a/s DOES offer an aftermarket wall mount kit with all the key bits, but it's pricey

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #67

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
thru bolt away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnail
Hi - I wonder if anyone can give my some advice/tips. I just got a 2007 20' Safari. There's a cable connection and electrical outlet in the bed"room" and I'd like to mount a 19" lcd tv (insignia, with dvd player) to the wall there that separates the bed from the dinette area. I'm wondering if that wall will support the weight of the TV and mount (maybe 16-17 lbs total). THe mount is a peerless articulating arm with 2 bolts for the wall. That would mean the bolts would come out on the dinette side and be visible, which is fine by me - i can probably hang a clock over them or something....but I'm a little nervous about drilling into these nice walls without consulting some seasoned pros first. What do you think? Does my plan sound fine, or should i consider a more elegant solution? Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

-silversnail
I backing plate on the TV side and the dinette would go a long way towards longevity. If that seemd to be too much. A backing "plate" on the TV side and fender washers on the "dinette" side worked for me. I used stainless hardware, a Lexan backing plate and acorn nuts to clean up the ends on the bolts. It looks better. See below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0289.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	53336   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0290.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	53337  

Old 03-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #68
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
LCDeath

Had two LCDs go bad after their tour in MH.

First was a 32" Visio...lasted just over 3 months.
Enough time for WalMart not to take back.
Had to send off for repair, 10 weeks later money refunded as unrepairable.

Next was a 42" Polaroid from black friday sale.
Lasted 45 minutes!
Waited on parts till two weeks before time for refund was to run out.
No parts, brought back...whew.
Felt kinda snake bit and rethought large screen in MH.

Gave up on large LCDs as the 15" Polariod in rear bedroom is still working great.

Decided to go with 22" and 24" monitors up front.
One 22" over sink for viewing from booth.
One 24" overhead between driver and passenger for couch and front viewing.

Fabbed up some mounts to swing screen up to store.

1972 Argosy 24'...
1954 Feathercraft Vagabond
klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #69

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Klattu,
Your second picture shows Rivets loaded in tension. These will fail eventually. Rivets are designed to be used primarily in shear.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
The flat screen I will put in is a 19". I did not have to shop because my kids bought it for me as a Christmas present. I have an old sattelite dish and a sattelite box from my daughters room that I will use in the trailer. I just have to hook it up and make it work before I install everything. Future project way down the road.

SIU Bound

Brian