Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
abita springs , Louisiana
DVD TV sound

After several trips was annoyed that while sleeping on sofa I had to listen to whatever was being played on DVD and sent to tv in bed area. Finally a nerd friend figured out how to solve my problem. No it wasn't ear plugs. On radio adjust fader 100 % to rear then turn up radio sound 100%. Then adjust tv sound as needed. It's not very loud but it works. Voila. Problem solved.
jsabatier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsabatier View Post
After several trips was annoyed that while sleeping on sofa I had to listen to whatever was being played on DVD and sent to tv in bed area. Finally a nerd friend figured out how to solve my problem. No it wasn't ear plugs. On radio adjust fader 100 % to rear then turn up radio sound 100%. Then adjust tv sound as needed. It's not very loud but it works. Voila. Problem solved.
Sometimes having a nerd friend pays off!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:21 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Rockledge , Florida
I have tried unsuccessfully to find a way to connect headphones to the TV set. There is not a headphone jack so I tried a Bluetooth transmitter connected to the digital audio out on the tv. This didn't work...even though the converter works on two similar TV sets in our house.

There is a pair of wires with red and white rca jacks coming out of a ho,e in the back of the TV set. These would seem to be audio connection from the TV set to the DVD player. If so, why not use the digital audio out instead of hardwiring a different connection?

The current work around is the DVD player fader and tv volume near zero.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
rbg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:37 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Airstream drills a hole in the back of the TV and connects to the speaker wires, an analog connection of inferior quality. This signal feeds to the stereo head unit. In the 2012 model there was another device, hidden with the head unit, a Sony XA-300, that allowed the head unit to select inputs and there was a headphone jack on that unit. However, because of the inferior quality of the audio signal from the TV, headphone use was marginal. The who arrangement did work for TV sound from the overhead speakers, though.
To solve the whole problem, and some others, I just replaced the TV with a better unit that has a headphone jack, optical audio out, aux, and other features. It was not an expensive or difficult solution. Perhaps the best part, is I can use headphones while my wife is still sleeping in the morning.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote