Old 09-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Wexford , Pennsylvania
can't get proper sound through Sony receiver and TV

Hi,
We have a 2013 Flying Cloud 25' FB, equipped with the Sony receiver, Samsung BluRay and Samsung TV.

Last trip everything worked fine, including surround sound with the TV. This time, no sound. Then after fiddling with different settings, we got surround sound, but not voices (speaker's words), just background music to the movie.

We set in on HDMI 2 on the TV cable and CD2 on the Sony receiver. We tried all other combos on TV and receiver, such as HDMI 1 and CD2, etc. Also checked my Mac / Apple and the sound output was correctly (I think) selected to HDMI Samsung.

What the heck is my problem, other that I'm a little challened technically?
Thanks much!

Old 10-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Have you checked the sound settings on the tv menu?

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
We're having the same problem as Anna Girl. Sound play background sound, but the voices are not coming in - or coming in very quiet. The sound is tinny sounding.

Does anybody have any thought or suggestions on this?
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna girl View Post
Hi,
We have a 2013 Flying Cloud 25' FB, equipped with the Sony receiver, Samsung BluRay and Samsung TV.

Last trip everything worked fine, including surround sound with the TV. This time, no sound. Then after fiddling with different settings, we got surround sound, but not voices (speaker's words), just background music to the movie.

We set in on HDMI 2 on the TV cable and CD2 on the Sony receiver. We tried all other combos on TV and receiver, such as HDMI 1 and CD2, etc. Also checked my Mac / Apple and the sound output was correctly (I think) selected to HDMI Samsung.

What the heck is my problem, other that I'm a little challened technically?
Thanks much!
Are you having the problems with the main TV or with the bedroom TV? The main must be on because its audio output feeds the rear bedroom on ours. IIRC we use CD1 and/or 2 on the Sony to get full sound to the TV sets. We have noticed that the background seems to overwhelm the voices on some movies but not all. For that issue, you need to adjust the front and rear balances to reduce the background - the equalizer control will also help.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Wexford , Pennsylvania
Thanks Jerry for you comment. I never considered the bedroom TV as being a factor nor the equalizer. I'll try again in the spring -- just winterized yesterday and pulled the battery.
Best,
Anna girl.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
I stopped in the AS dealer today for the same question, as I had forgotten how to get the TV sound to come through the speakers. The answer was pretty simple: turn the source button to CD, then toggle the button just to the right of the source button until CD2 came up, which is the right input for TV.

I have a spare high quality 5ch audio amp I pulled from my last rig, and am going to look at installing it and upgrading the existing speakers to get better sound. Anyone know if the 2013/2014's have a subwoofer and if so, where it is located?

Also, anyone installed an Xbox or similar console? How did you manage the video hookup to the Samsungs, and audio hookup to the Sony?