Old 09-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
1965 20' Globetrotter
Winter Haven , Florida
Cable TV inlet

While I am sure this will seem like a simple question, please be gentle, as we are first time Airstreamers and first time RV'ers.

We have a 1965 Globetrotter which has been nicely restored. We're looking to put in a cable TV connection. I am having a tough time finding what I want for the outside connector (i.e., the connection between the Airstream and the park's CATV outlet). What I'd really like is something low profile, metal, and waterproof, kind of like the Marinco connection we have for the shore power. Unfortunately, I just cannot seem to find that sort of a product. I'm sure someone has purchased exactly what I'm looking for, and I would be grateful if you'd share the source.

MANY Thanks.

keithwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Like this?

Marinco TV97 Marine and RV Waterproof TV Outlet -

2005 Bambi
1968 Trade Wind
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Crew
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Our LY MH has an indoor type AS installed just inside the door for the electric connection. Makes sense as cable would only be hooked up when electric is available.
Previous owner put an exterior type by drivers door so it would be easier to hook up satillite dish connection near the front.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
If you don't want to punch a hole in your skin, you can do what I did. I ran my TV cable through the hole in the floor where my gas line comes up to my water heater. I then ran the cable behind the twin bed to where I mounted my television. Alternatively, you could run it up through the vent in the floor for you refrigerator and behind the adjacent cabinetry. Whichever works better for your television placement.
Cameron & the Labradors
Kai & Samm
North Vancouver, BC
AIR #11529
Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - Mame Dennis
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Any RV parts store should have one. Winegard also has them on their website.
Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
My trailer has an indoor connector that the PO installed inside the bumper area. We have used it a few times and it works well and is out of sight.

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master
1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
The PO of ours ran a coax line through the front vent. Only a little of the cable comes out and when your done, it slides right back up into the vent. No extra holes in the aluminum and no water running along the cable to the inside.
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member
1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
How hard is it to fish a cable line under the floor & up a wall? Everything enters my Argosy on the port side (left), but the TV is on the starboard (right). Has anyone tried this?
Catman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
Rivet Master
1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
When I first got out of the Army, my wife and I were fulltiming for a while in my father's Sovereign. I ran a cable inside the credenza through the wall into the refrigerator outside access. When we were parked near a cable hookup, I would leave the access door cracked open to allow the cable to be hooked up. It was a temporary fix to say the least, but I certainly didn't want to damage the skin on a trailer that wasn't mine.

Originally Posted by Catman6 View Post
How hard is it to fish a cable line under the floor & up a wall? Everything enters my Argosy on the port side (left), but the TV is on the starboard (right). Has anyone tried this?
Wall is packed full of insulation. If you're REALLY good with a fish tape, it could be done, but it certainly wouldn't be easy.
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
1997 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Dually 6.5L Turbo Diesel
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member
1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
You can pick up a kit like this...

Cable TV Kit, Colonial White

...I like the idea of mounting it somewhere without having to penetrate the skin. I ran mine from entry point through the overheads (one across the bedroom door to the pantry).

There are more out there, this just to give you an idea...

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
--Mark Twain
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote