Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Cloudland2

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Trenton , Georgia
Cable TV??

Stayed at our first campground with a cable TV hookup in Amarillo a couple nights back. Did not have a coax to connect to the outside trailer port labeled "satellite/cable so did not get to try this. Will get a 12 foot cable in case this comes up again. What else would I need to do to receive the cable programming through the stock Samsung TVs in my 2016 FC? I do not see a "cable" option under the "source " button on the remote, only "TV" and "HDMI1".

ThAnks for your help! 😃
davidrrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
You will select TV on the remote for both antenna and cable. You will press the button on the plate where your TV connects to the antenna to turn the green LED off. That changes the signal on the coax from the antenna to the TV cable outside connector. If you have a plate with two coax connectors on it, there should be a jumper between those connectors. You will then have to scan for channels on all TVs. When you go back to antenna, turn on the LED with the pushbutton and scan for channels again.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Palm Desert , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrrand View Post
Will get a 12 foot cable in case this comes up again. What else would I need to do to receive the cable programming through the stock Samsung TVs in my 2016 FC? I do not see a "cable" option under the "source " button on the remote, only "TV" and "HDMI1".
Do yourself a favor and buy a 25' flexible mini- coax instead of the stiff types. See https://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-Go...ni-Coax+F-type

Also as noted above, plug into the Cable port, not the Sat port and use the white plate inside to toggle between the antenna and the cable signal. This signal enters your Samsung using the TV input. HDMI1 is the input for the BlueRay.
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote