Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Calgary , Alberta
Buzzing in speaker

Hi guys,

Wow has it been a long time since I've been on here. We finally got our trailer out for this coming weekend but I've noticed an issue. I did a search but didn't find the details I was looking for. When I am connected to Shore power, the radio works perfectly when the front cabin lights are on. When I turn on the rear cabin or galley lights (hood fan) I get a loud buzzing on the rear speaker.

Also, when I'm on shore power (connected to the house) with the use/store button in the store position, the lights are quite dim, turn on the USE button and they brighten. Neither affects the buzzing level in the speaker.

This is the first time I've noticed this, any ideas?

thanks,
Brad.

We raised over 1.3 Million dollars for Cancer Reseach this year. Great job team!!
bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
West Hollywood , California
Hey Brad

I don't know about the dim lights...

but I bought a ground loop isolator to kill the buzz in the speakers, and it worked perfectly.

Fierce Audio - Ground Loop Isolator - Black - FIGLI

Andy
R2DTube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Calgary , Alberta
Well, I think the issue is my Converter since last night I was messing with it. If the main breaker for the converter (parallax) is off, the buzz is gone. If I turn the converter on the sound comes back, if I switch off the "use" position for the battery - trailer goes completely dead. So, HOPING a local dealer has a Progressive Dynamics 4655 in stock today as we're on the road tomorrow!

We raised over 1.3 Million dollars for Cancer Reseach this year. Great job team!!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I just posted a question in the lighting group regarding noise I have found only since adding a couple of LED bulbs in the over the sofa reading lights. I also put some in the fixture over the kitchen sink. The sink light has no issue but the reading lights cause a lot of static in the radio ( more on FM than AM ) but the reading lights also cause a lot of TV interference. I also recently put in a new IOTA converter. Not sure if this could be the cause of your issue or not but I'm hoping someone can help me solve mine.

Safe travels. See ya on the road sometime.

Hey Brad. Are you a police officer ??? I see your ironcops for cancer line. Just curious. I'm a retired PO.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse
I just posted a question in the lighting group regarding noise I have found only since adding a couple of LED bulbs in the over the sofa reading lights. I also put some in the fixture over the kitchen sink. The sink light has no issue but the reading lights cause a lot of static in the radio ( more on FM than AM ) but the reading lights also cause a lot of TV interference. I also recently put in a new IOTA converter. Not sure if this could be the cause of your issue or not but I'm hoping someone can help me solve mine.

Safe travels. See ya on the road sometime.

Hey Brad. Are you a police officer ??? I see your ironcops for cancer line. Just curious. I'm a retired PO.
Found a progressive dynamics 4655 converter (4-stage) at Woody's RV world here in Calgary. Rv dealerships up here are loan sharks, retail was 453.00, I talked him down to 375 Randy's best converter.com site shows 215.00. Woody's was the cheapest in the city. Canadian rv dealers ripping people off again. Anyway I paid the man, had it delivered today by courier and installed the converter and the new circuit board and the power/buzz problem in the trailer is fixed. Another parallax 7355 obituary within.

Polarlyse - no I'm a Chiropractor with many police officer patients and friends touched by cancer. Awesome group of people!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I suppose that most of us know someone touched by cancer. I bought a IOTA converter from Randy recently. Those prices up there seem awful high. I gave my parallax to a user here on the forum that needed one. It worked OK for what it was intended to do but I wanted an upgrade to preserve my batteries. But my batteries are still not right. Oh well, I might need new ones soon.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote