Old 01-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMopar440 View Post
bmklawt - Will do next time I'm out there.

Andy - If you look closely at my last pic above you can actually read the word "LIGHTER" on the outer chrome ring. It looks exactly like it is one of those push-in to operate cigarette lighters found in older vehicles. This looked odd to me as I figured that the heat from it would melt something in a setup like that.

I don't smoke, so you can guess what's going to happen with the cigarette lighter when I remodel this AS...
I can tell you how your trailer was built.

Airstream never installed anything that said lighter, except in the dash of a motorhome.

I would suggest that a previous owner installed what you now have.

Andy

Old 02-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Aransas Pass , Texas
Well today I finally got the AS moved to a friends place where I can work on it now. I didn't have my camera with me when I was out today so no pics yet. I'll be heading out there for the next three days and I'll get pics of the TV antenna socket thingy then. Those red and black things at the bottom are the screw type terminals as near as I can tell though.

BTW: The "Lighter" thing pulled out and the lighter label was attached to the part that comes out. I had thought it was attached to the wall part. So it MAY be original after all. I'll keep you posted as to what I find out tomorrow.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Aransas Pass , Texas
I hadn't forgotten about this, I just haven't been able to get to it yet. After the AC removal, that TV plug thing is the next part on the list to get yanked out.

I've been trying to get it ready to start on the floor ASAP and I really wanted to have it cleared out before I went up to the AS rally in San Antonio Thursday. So, the bigger stuff got priority.

BTW: I was able to save almost all the tambour door handles for you. Only a few were actually missing.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Aransas Pass , Texas
Don't think so...

I pulled the antenna box off the wall today and this is what I found behind it.

A whole lotta not much goin on back there. You still want in it?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
Mini Rivet

1975 25' Tradewind
Holland , Michigan
Bummer

Thanks GoMopar440 for taking the trouble to look into this and posting the photos. I need a different type of antenna jack that has the splitter for the TV and radio built in.

I bought what I hope is the correct antenna jack recently off eBay, will have to wait and see, hasn't arrived yet.

Much appreciated,
Bruce
bmklawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
Mini Rivet

1975 25' Tradewind
Holland , Michigan
I found two

I found the Braund antenna coupler I needed on eBay, shortly after that I finalized a deal for some parts with a airforums member that included an antenna coupler, I now have two of them, one I believe is an amplified one.
I had been searching for a few months for one of these and now I have two, today I went to Camp America and what do they have sitting on the self, of coarse a NOS Braund antenna coupler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0493.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	75546   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0494.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	75547  

bmklawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Winegard Sensar

My 71 had a Skyliner. I am now putting in a Sensar. The Skyliner is long gone but the wiring including the antenna wire is still there. It's not the flat antenna wire I grew up with in home applications in the 60s, but not coaxial either.

I would appreciate any advice about wiring it in.

Is an amplified antenna worth it? From my experience I see little difference in performance between amplified and unamplified. Should I get a amplified Sensar head or can I/ should I put an amplifier inside?

When the Sensar is folded down if I have it lined up with the roof center line the tip of the Sensar will lay on top of the middle ceiling vent. Any reason I should not/ ould not mount the Sensar so that if folds down slightly off center at about a 5 degree angle to miss the vent? I am thinking I can pretty easily bend an aluminum support like the old Skyliner had.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1990 34' Excella
1964 22' Safari
Savage , Minnesota
If anyone knows of a Braund TV Antenna that is available, I am most interested in one. Oops, not trying to hi-jack this thread, so PM is fine.

-Tim

'64 Safari Resoration Blog ("May"):
http://ts8501.blogspot.com/

TAC MN-6
WBCCI/VAC 11736
AIR 25979
ts8501 is offline   Reply With Quote