Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
2011 23' International
Larkspur , Colorado
Blueray player

I purchased a new 2011 23' International back in April. I didn't realize that the DVD player didn't support Blueray. Every time we've tried to play a DVD out camping it happens to be Blueray. I'm now contemplating buying a replacement player since most of my library is Blueray. Does anyone know if this is a difficult installation. I am assuming Sony makes a replacement player with similar dimensions. Thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers
Bigcgar
Bigcgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
If your TV has a HDMI connection you should be able to plug right in. If not, you will have to use the RGB connection but you will lose some fidelity.
Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
2011 23' International
Larkspur , Colorado
I believe it has both, but was originally wired by AS with RGB. I could run the HDMI but that's more work than I'm willing to do, as I don't really want to start tearing the wiring out and replacing it. I really just want to be able to play my movies and concerts on the TV. Thanks.
Bigcgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
I have the same issue! I have been to Sony stores in three different cities and they all say the same thing: No small dash type BluRay units have been manufactured by Sony to date. It looks like the only solution is a big BluRay box stuffed in a locker somehwere. :-(

If you find something that works please let me know!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

I solved this issue with a custom mounted Playstation 3 running an HDMI cable to the TV. Audio comes out of the TV to the head unit.

Audiovox is the only manufacturer that has a single DIN blue ray player:Audiovox shows off the industry's first in-car Blu-ray player, the AVDBR1 -- Engadget

This obviously does involve a new cable run, however. I have an installer here in Arizona that did mine.
Attached Images

random 17 is offline   Reply With Quote