Old 06-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Bedroom TV

We watched our first DVD on the bedroom TV last night. It took a while to figure out how to get the sound through the stereo system, until I realized the front TV has to be on for the sound to come through the stereo. It seems there ought to be a better way to wire it so you don't need both TVs going. Or am I missing something here?

Old 06-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
When you say that the front TV has to be on to have sound, does the front TV have to be showing the DVD movie for the rear one to show a picture? Does the DVD player shut off when the front TV is off or switched off?

The reason I ask is because I renovated my system and installed two TVs, wired HDMI and put a theater sound system in with blue ray, etc. My bedroom TV would not play sound but I would see the picture IF the front TV was also on too. If I turned off the front TV everything would shut off. I found the problem was DLNA. I turned off DLNA control on the player and TVs and everything worked perfectly after that. It is a setting in your menus on those devices.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Thanks, I'll check that out.

The picture would show on the bedroom TV if the front TV was off (and I get sound from the TV speakers), it's just getting the sound to play through the Sony stereo that's the issue.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Ok, very different then.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
We watched our first DVD on the bedroom TV last night. It took a while to figure out how to get the sound through the stereo system, until I realized the front TV has to be on for the sound to come through the stereo. It seems there ought to be a better way to wire it so you don't need both TVs going. Or am I missing something here?
You are correct; we haven't found another way to get the big stereo sound either...the main TV has modified outputs that feed the other TV.
* 2012 Ram 2500 Diesel * Honda EU3000iS
<>2015 International LE Eddie Bauer FB25<>
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote