Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
AS speaker audio from LCD

Got the entertainment package from AS and we were wondering if when we watch TV the sound can come from the AS speakers instead of the Sony LCD. DVDs play through the AS speakers.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
My av package has a DVD player built into the "radio". If you select CDC2 on my head unit you get the audio from the Tele. This is also the audio for the External audio i.e iPod. The head unit is a Sony.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Los Alamitos , California
Wheel Interested: I too am asking your same question. I don't understand thecatsandi response, as we don't want to get "audio from the tele". We want audio from the A/S speakers, which is exactly what happens when you play the stereo tuner, or a DVD as a movie, or a CD. So, the question is, when simply watching TV, how do you get the sound to come from the speakers?

Another question, when I hook up the XM by plugging into the 12 volt in the cabinet you have to put the tuner on a non-playing station, such as 88.3 fm. I can 't find the station change button to move a station one at a time, it is only a seek station situation, which does not work when you want a non-playing station. On the TV radio on the F250 2006 model you hit the upper right up and down button, which does not seek a station. Any help on the A/S radio?

Thanks, Robert
OpenHigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Got the entertainment package from AS and we were wondering if when we watch TV the sound can come from the AS speakers instead of the Sony LCD. DVDs play through the AS speakers.
I'm pretty sure the tv is not routed back through the Cd/DVD player if I'm reading your post. If you're watching regular TV, that audio/video signal comes directly to the TV. The signal to the TV is not routed back through the DVD player unless you were to directly hook it in.

b.
bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I am pleasantly surprised. I unplugged the IPod and turned on the TV and set the tuner to CDC2 AUX and voila! Thanks Michelle. I am an even happier camper now (in my driveway that is --still playing with reloading cabinets and storage.)

Brad like you I didn't think it was routed back either but thought I would ask just to be sure. Even the dealer could not help me out with the electronics so it has been slow going with all the buttons and settings. I just keep pushing and sometimes I luck out. This is the way I would have liked to do the install just didn't know if that was AS thinking as well.

Robert, I will check my booklet but for a quick test if you hold the button down will it advance more slowly through all the frequencies? Or can you use the remote and select a number? As I said I am still trying to figure all this stuff out. I am waaay overmatched with this wizardry and gadgetry. But having a blast trying to get up to speed.

photography
Old 06-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Carol: "turned on the TV and set the tuner to CDC2 AUX "

How exactly did you do that? I went out, turned on the tv, then used the radio remote and went to search, hit that, and first came up tuner, hit it again, and came up CDC1, hit it again, and came up tuner, which was for the radio. TV on all this time. So, what exactly to get to CDC2 Aux while the TV was on.

As for the frequency, still trying to to go from 88.1, to 88.2, to 88.3 and so on.

Thanks again all.
Robert
Old 06-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
My av package has a DVD player built into the "radio". If you select CDC2 on my head unit you get the audio from the Tele. This is also the audio for the External audio i.e iPod. The head unit is a Sony.
Michelle,

which model head unit do you have? I wasn't able to get the ipod RCA jack working (and haven't had time to pull it all apart yet either). I cycle through the "mode" function but cannot find a CDC2.

thanks,
b.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #8

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I have a Sony MEX-R5 "radio" and a Sony KLV-S19A10 LCD TV. What I was trying to say was if I select CDC2 which I think is External audio 2 on the head unit I get the audio from whatever is playing on the TV on the speakers in the trailer. When I put a DVD in the head unit the sound comes out on the Trailer speakers and the TV. Cycle Source until you get CDC something then Cycle mode to get CDC2. There is a Sub-Woofer under the couch and Videos sound great!

Old 06-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sony MEX-R5 Multi Disk Player

I have a Sony MEX-R5 Multi Disk Player with the 12 CD changer, first button on the bottom left is "source." When I push it and it turns on it cycles through tuner, and whatever modes are set, (i.e. AM, CD2, DVD [if one is inserted])then repeats. To change that after you get CD1 (or whatever CD or aux input it defaults to or ihas previously been chosen) press the second button on the bottom from the left which is "mode" each time you press mode it changes. Actually my IPod setting is CD2 aux 2 and the TV was CD2 aux 1.

"Receiving a station through a list--list-up
You can list up the frequency.
1. Select the band and press "list" The frequency appears.
2. Press the symbol [up arrow slash down arrow) repeatedly until the desired station appears.
3. Press enter to receive that station.

Tip if you know the frequency of the station you want to listen to, press and hold symbol (double arrows left slash double arrows right) to locate the approximate frequency, then press the same button (double forward backward arrows) repeatedly to fine adjust to the desired frequency (manual tuning)

With the main unit instead of the remote
to search for a station press "seek" +/-"

I don't know if any of that will help, I hope it does.

EDIT: I see Michelle explained it before I could finish typing so you have responses in "stereo"

photography
Old 06-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Calgary , Alberta
cool

I may have to go "twinkering" this week and see if I really should have read the manual and don't have disconnected wires.

b.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Michelle and Carol: Got it for sound on TV through the front and rear A/S speakers. Works when using the remote as well, hit search, and when CDC 1 comes up, hit mode, (located just to the right of search) and then CDC 2 Aux appears, and voila, sound from the speakers.

Now, I did not buy external speakers from the factory. If I want to purchase mobile speakers (such as Bose) what steps should I take?? I assume they would plug in to audio external in the cabinet where the disc changer is located. I sure would love to hear the XM blues channel 74 from outside the A/S, (quietly of course).

Thanks all, Robert
Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #12

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
You are welcome. I forgot to say that the external input of the radio cabinet and the TV "share" an input. If the Tv is on the iPod does not work. If the ipod is on and I turn on the TV strange things happen.
I am certainly enjoying my setup.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #13

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
External speakers huh. I have a switch that is labeled external/ internal. I guess my coach is wired.. Not really a priority for me right now....

Old 06-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I tried testing the external plug by hooking up the Altec Lansing mini stereo/docker for the IPod. CDs sound fine but the radio sounds terrible, I don't know why as of yet. I was going to put that on my warantee list.

I also get a buzzing that can be heard between songs and on low volume. That was going on my list. Perhaps someone can advise me as to what may be causing that.

photography
Old 06-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #15

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Where is the external plug on your trailer? I cannot find mine....

Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Michelle: I think Carol was referring to the "external plug" which is located in the cabinet where the CD changer is located and the switch says audio in/out/both. What is the "line out" plug for? Also, in the area above "line out" the left and right audio plugs are located. These are the plugs for a speaker system to plug into if you wanted to place speakers outside, yes???

Robert
Old 06-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Yes Robert that was what I meant, what is built in the cabinet. I tried line out with some sucess. Cds sounded fine. I used a single line with a single plug at each end, one into the portable player and one into the audio out or line out (?)plug. The cord came with the Altec Lansing inMotion Ipod charger/player for purposes of connecting a radio or walkman or other audio device through their earphone jack. While I did not get the exterior speaker option from AS I wanted to try the installed plug to see what the connection was. Running a long cord to the outside wouldn't be a big deal as it would only be used in good weather with the door open anyway. I didn't use a plug for right and left like I do with the IPod. Am I supposed to?

photography
Old 06-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
it looks like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stereo plugs.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	22132  

photography
Old 06-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Carol: I don't own an Ipod, so it is hard for me to know what exactly works correctly. Sounds like you were just using the single jack that says line out, but that would not be stereo, no???? I guess I am trying to figure out exactly what the "line out" jack is supposed to be used for. As for the left and right audio "in", are these not the jacks where you would plug in and then take the portable speakers outside??? If so, shouldn't that be audio "out"???
Old 06-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #20

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Mine looks like that too.
However Line out audio levels and speaker output levels are very different Impedence and amplitude. I was looking for speaker connections. Line out should go to line in of another amplifier.