Old 06-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #15
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Where is the external plug on your trailer? I cannot find mine....

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Los Alamitos , California
Michelle: I think Carol was referring to the "external plug" which is located in the cabinet where the CD changer is located and the switch says audio in/out/both. What is the "line out" plug for? Also, in the area above "line out" the left and right audio plugs are located. These are the plugs for a speaker system to plug into if you wanted to place speakers outside, yes???

Robert

Old 06-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yes Robert that was what I meant, what is built in the cabinet. I tried line out with some sucess. Cds sounded fine. I used a single line with a single plug at each end, one into the portable player and one into the audio out or line out (?)plug. The cord came with the Altec Lansing inMotion Ipod charger/player for purposes of connecting a radio or walkman or other audio device through their earphone jack. While I did not get the exterior speaker option from AS I wanted to try the installed plug to see what the connection was. Running a long cord to the outside wouldn't be a big deal as it would only be used in good weather with the door open anyway. I didn't use a plug for right and left like I do with the IPod. Am I supposed to?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
it looks like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stereo plugs.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	22132  

photography
Old 06-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Carol: I don't own an Ipod, so it is hard for me to know what exactly works correctly. Sounds like you were just using the single jack that says line out, but that would not be stereo, no???? I guess I am trying to figure out exactly what the "line out" jack is supposed to be used for. As for the left and right audio "in", are these not the jacks where you would plug in and then take the portable speakers outside??? If so, shouldn't that be audio "out"???
Old 06-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #20

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Mine looks like that too.
However Line out audio levels and speaker output levels are very different Impedence and amplitude. I was looking for speaker connections. Line out should go to line in of another amplifier.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:41 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Mine looks like that too.
However Line out audio levels and speaker output levels are very different Impedence and amplitude. I was looking for speaker connections. Line out should go to line in of another amplifier.
So lineout should work to any boom box of sorts but redundant for my Inmotion for Ipod but should give me cd and radio capabilities and allow me to hear it in the AS at the same time with the both switch? I'll go "play" some more today and see what happens. My problem is the supplied cord with the InMotion is only 6 or so inches long!

photography
Old 06-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #22

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Line out should mirrow whatever is playing on the system in the trailerr.
I beleive the speaker switch is a seperate function.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Hi all: Since I live close to CGT Repairs (link in prior post) drove up to meet Rod and talk about Airstreams and the speaker questions. First off, what friendly people who love Airstreams. Anyway, started asking about outside speakers etc, and he was honest to say he didn't have a clue. Also indicated he knew alot about outside repairs but as for sat. dishes, radios, tvs wiring and the like it was not just a snap (my phrasing of what aI believed he meant). Anyway on to speakers....

He put me on the phone to Tim in service at Jackson Center. Tim says the 2006 Safari SE is supposed to have a small black box between the outside door and the front tire on the underside close to the tire. It's an on/off switch to use for outside speakers. Not there, bummer as I bought the rig in Nov 2005 as an 06, but they were still making a few tweaks. Anyway, he says no problem, take the panel off in the cabinet where the CD changer is located (that was simple) and take the black box out (that was simple too) and remove the red and white audio out plugs (piece of cake) Replace the panel go to Home Depot (Fryes or Radio Shack) and buy a wireless transmitter, plug the recently removed red and white audio out wires into the audio out of the transmitter, put the switch on audio out and viola, you have
wireless sound outside the A/S. One last detail, also at Fryes or Radio Shack you have to have a couple of wireless speakers.

So, I am off to Fryes today to look at a wireless transmitter and wireless speakers.

Will post results later.

Robert