Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
AirstreamFM.com

Earlier this morning, I noticed a link to AirstreamFM.com to the left of today's messages in the main portal. Out of boredom (my roadtrip to TN was cancelled due to snow ) I clicked the link to read what the story was.

Basically, it is web-based radio, easy listening music supposedly picked just for Airstreamers. I listened to a little bit of it and, when I woke up, decided to mention that the site's "FM toolbar" download is not necessary if you have RealPlayer - just click on the main feed.

If EZ listening music appeals to you, you might want to take a listen.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Broadway , North Carolina
Given the cast of characters on this forum, I just cannot imagine what Airstream music might be

I agree and avoid clicking any links that offer to add a toolbar to my browser!

btw - if you have one of the more recent factory supplied Sony audio systems, here is an old link I posted that describes how to feed the audio from your PC/Laptop into the Airstream's sound system.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...age-35323.html

.............Scott
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I have a usb converter/ tube pre-amp on my home stereo...got PANDORA running most of the time. If you have not yet used it its a free online "radio" service, no commercials, and you set up your own stations of music you like by picking one artist, it then finds similiar ones to play, and you can x out the ones you don't like. We love Pandora!
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
After I had the Hensley installed about 90 miles west of home I had to meet my wife at a restaurant near our old home. Found a parking spot near the intersection (two major roads in east Dallas), parked it perpendicular to the street and went across same to the restaurant. Stopped to admire the rig before going inside and saw a fellow who'd parked and gotten out to admire the rig.

Came out later and found his card under my windshield wiper:

"AirstreamFM"

Called him from Hillsboro during a fuel stop and we had a pleasent conversation. Enjoyed hearing about his site and have had it playing several times since. Was quite appreciative of his nice comments on the new-to-us Silver Streak trailer.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Dallas , Tech-Sus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
Earlier this morning, I noticed a link to AirstreamFM.com to the left of today's messages in the main portal. Out of boredom (my roadtrip to TN was cancelled due to snow ) I clicked the link to read what the story was.
Well, it's the ole Airstream FM guy. If you go to the web site, it tells a short version of EZ music/Beautiful Music Radio. The station was conceived and developed by an Airstream buff and full-time Airstreamer, little ole me!! The web site has a photo of 'golden voice' Dave and I with the station we built back when we were both skinny in the late 1960s.

As online and music technology grew, I began to digitize my LP collection. I realized I might be able to "stream" this music online for other people. So it became first "Beautiful Music Radio" online. But I wanted another name for it, since BMR is a description of the music more than a name. Since the Airstream (1986 32' Argosy) was where the music was recorded/digitized and where it first went online, I chose the name Airstream FM.

The music was chosen because it is music I enjoy. And I wanted to be able to hear "my music" no matter where I was. Also, I know there are some Airstream mobile units for commercial stations. But how many radio stations were born in and actually operate from an Airstream full time?? I doubt there are any.

Also, Airstream FM plays no commercials. You will only hear music with a station break every 15 minutes.

Other than "Escape" on XM and a couple of other terrestrial staions, there are not many outlets for Mancini, Melachrino and Mantovani. So what started as a hobby has continued with listeners worldwide from over 100 countries.

FYI, I also had the first Airstream history online, long before there was any information on the history of Airstream available online at all. There is plenty now, even from the Airstream company. But none of that existed when I started asking questions and the answers grew into www.airstreamhistory.com Needless to say, I got busy with Airstream FM and with other projects while several people were more driven (O.C.D.) to expand their version of the Airstream History. As a result, there is plenty of info available now. But there wasn't in the mid-1990s.

I hope everyone enjoys the music.

Don

Airstream FM

Easy Listening For the Internet Generation
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote