Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2015, 07:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 532 International
New Braunfels , Texas
Adding a TV

2008 International 25 FB CCD. Has TV already in dinette area, we want one in bedroom too. I figure the time is almost right with the holiday sales almost upon us.

Can anyone recommend a wall mount? I figure we won't go larger than 28" on the flat panel.

We will mount it under or at least near the thermostat in the bedroom. Any trick to doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Andy
StreamGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I don't have a TV in my bedroom area but if I were looking I would consider these features:
24" typically have a 100mm x 100mm VESA pattern while 28" TVs start to go 200mm wide so you will need to consider that when choosing a TV mount. I just purchased a 28" LED TV for my Airstream and it has 200mm VESA pattern. The 24" model was 100mm. You can always purchase an adapter plate to increase up to 200mm. You would also want a tilting feature so you can angle the TV down a bit when laying in bed.

I would think mounts with the square backing plate would be better for an RV than mounts with a narrow mount.

A locking mechanism would be advisable. For additional piece of mind a Velcro strap can be used.

MorRyde has TV mounts for RVs
Small Extending Swivel Wall Mount

Of course you could contact Airstream to see what they use for bedrooms.

Kelvin