Old 05-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Calgary , Alberta
A-V question on a new bambi

I'm generally pretty good with things technical but this has been stumped.

In my new bambi with the AV upgrade, there is this input in the cabinet. (pics below)

http://www.airforums.com/attac...2/hitch019.jpg
http://www.airforums.com/attac...2/hitch020.jpg

A simple RCA in obviously, but I can't make the thing work for the life of me. The stereo receiver doesn't pick up a signal, nothing I've tried seems to work. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something?

thanks,
brad.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hmm...Have you tried changing the "source" on the stereo? You know, scroll through the selections, like "AM, FM, CD, AUX"? Maybe it didn't get hooked up at the other end, on the stereo?

Old 05-28-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Calgary , Alberta
Yeah tried that, went through all the settings. I haven't pulled the stereo out yet though to see if anything hasn't been connected. I would imagine, the head unit would pick it up if properly connected?

thanks!
brad.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
at last weeks vintage vacations rally i met a couple with a 2006 safari with the av upgrade that you have posted pics for. the owner had his iPod plugged into the rca jacks and i would agree with the last post, it's just a matter of selecting the souce on the deck AND providing a live input at the rca jacks.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Calgary , Alberta
Ok, I'm going to have to pull it apart and see if a connection got missed then as the stereo won't pick up any signal XM or Ipod.

Thanks!
b.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
There's one unusal thing about the A/V system in our 2005 CCD. Back behind the stereo head, there's a switching device that automatically changes what signal gets amped out to the speakers. If it senses a signal from the CD changer, it will play that, but if it doesn't, it will switch back to the internal DVD or radio. I think. Can't remember exactly. But the key is that you have to have a signal playing or it won't detect a signal and switch over.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:43 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Gorham , Maine
I don't know the particular stereo head unit that Airstream uses, but sometimes the "AUX" input on a stereo unit has to be enabled before it will work. (I have a pioneer unit that requires that.) You might check for that in the manual for the stereo.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

First, what does your manual say? I'd guess those are auxillary inmputs for any additional device you might include. But, AS has a QA/QC problem with the wiring in CCDs in my opinion. My trailer's tv antennae was not connected, and the coax end is lost somewhere in the framework. So I would agree to look over the connections carefully, or better still have your dealer do it if still under warranty.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Somewhere , Between the Tetons and the SF Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradk View Post

In my new bambi with the AV upgrade, there is this input in the cabinet. (pics below)

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...2/hitch019.jpg
http://www.airforums.com/attachments...2/hitch020.jpg

A simple RCA in obviously, but I can't make the thing work for the life of me. The stereo receiver doesn't pick up a signal, nothing I've tried seems to work. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something?

thanks,
brad.

I have the same cd changer as shown in your picture, and I can't get IT to work for the life of me. I put in two new cd's in the magazine, it never made one sound and won't eject the mag. Any hints? I checked thru the wiring, and seems live and connected. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Reno , Nevada
Did you check the connection to the sony Xa-300?

The audio upgrade comes with a accessory from Sony called the XA-300
Sony XA-300 UniLink Auxiliary Input Adapter

It connects into the stereo deck and controls the inputs from the CD changer, the aux input and USB connection and the back AV inputs.

I tore the whole thing apart to install Sat Radio and a Mac Mini Video system from the back.

The XA-300 is controlled through the deck via sony's propriety control cable. I would check that cable first, power and make sure its connected correctly. The CD changer (which I removed - so 1990s ) is daisy chained off of Xa-300 so if thats not working nothing other than the deck will function.
Cheers,
Doug
Old 09-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Calgary , AB
Unhappy tv sound

When I play a dvd I only get sound out of the speakers but not the TV.
The TV has the rca red and white sound cable plugged into the back of it. Its like the stereo is not putting the sound to the cables. I wonder if the are not connected?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Reno , Nevada
The RCA jacks from the TV are likely outputs to the stereo not inputs from the stereo. So when you watch tv or cable you can run the sound through the stereo.

If you really wanted to get the sound out of the TV from the DVD you could probably do it but it would take some creative wiring behind the stereo and that's assuming that the stereo (dvd deck) has outputs and that you never want to get TV sound through the speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum@home View Post
When I play a dvd I only get sound out of the speakers but not the TV.
The TV has the rca red and white sound cable plugged into the back of it. Its like the stereo is not putting the sound to the cables. I wonder if the are not connected?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradk View Post

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...2/hitch019.jpg
http://www.airforums.com/attachments...2/hitch020.jpg

thanks,
brad.
I have the same unit - Sony Head, Sony CD changer, and Sony TV.

I have used the RCA inputs you show to my wife's I-pod by pressing the source button on the Head unit to reflect CDC2 (if I remember correctly). Basically the factory has the RCA jacks wired to be an additional source listed as another CD changer.

Hope this works for you.

On Edit - The more I think about it, it may be listed as AUX... I can't remember, but the point is that I can scroll thru the source button options and get to the aux input...

Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote