Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Ludlow Falls , Ohio
2018 Sport 22FB Radio

The radio on my 2018 Sport has a JVC model KD-AV41BT comes on at around 4:00am when I not there. Neighbors complaining. The only way I've been able to stop it is pull the fuse. Anyone else have that problem?
whbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Clinton , Land of Purple Mtn Majesty,Montana
Another option would be to "turn off" the battery disconnect switch located on the left "front side of the bed". Or, just across from the sink side lower vent outlet.

Or.....do as I did..."replace the radio"....it's basically junk! Mine had a faulty connector going into the radio and it would "come on....when it felt like it". I fooled around with the sometimes on...most times off radio for a full season of camping. During the following winter I replaced it with a unit that I bought from Crutchfield. It's a "single space" radio like the OEM in the AS...but a 4 x 5 or similar dimension screen comes out of the radio. Unlike the AS OEM it's "bluetooth" and just gives more options than OEM. In order to close the "roll door" I removed the radio shelf and cut off about a quarter inch of material at the back of the shelf unit. Works like a champ...and now I have it "use" on "my time".
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Ludlow Falls , Ohio
I thought about using the battery disconnect but was concerned if there was a AC power outage, the frig would not switch to battery. Also thought about plugging a set of headphones into the jack on the radio that would kill the volume. At the end of the season I'll return the Airstream to the dealer and let them fret over it. Most likely will upgrade the radio at a later date.
whbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
To stop this behavior, simply remove the faceplate from the radio. You can put it back on when you want to listen to it.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Clinton , Land of Purple Mtn Majesty,Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpatrick16 View Post
Another option would be to "turn off" the battery disconnect switch located on the left "front side of the bed". Or, just across from the sink side lower vent outlet.

Or.....do as I did..."replace the radio"....it's basically junk! Mine had a faulty connector going into the radio and it would "come on....when it felt like it". I fooled around with the sometimes on...most times off radio for a full season of camping. During the following winter I replaced it with a unit that I bought from Crutchfield. It's a "single space" radio like the OEM in the AS...but a 4 x 5 or similar dimension screen comes out of the radio. Unlike the AS OEM it's "bluetooth" and just gives more options than OEM. In order to close the "roll door" I removed the radio shelf and cut off about a quarter inch of material at the back of the shelf unit. Works like a champ...and now I have it "use" on "my time".
One other thing I forgot to mention is that I did return the trailer to the dealer to...."as you say...let them deal with it". They couldn't find the problem...I did. Course they have to "see it mis-functioning" or it's not their problem. They just happen to catch it when it "worked". It's an $80 radio in the first place and the dealer is "not down the street". I found it far more economical to fix/repair what I could rather than do the "dealer dance". Waste of time and treasure!
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote