Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hanscom AFB , Massachusetts
2015 FC 25FB Bedroom articulating TV mount brand

Does anyone know the brand of the articulating arm TV wall mount in the 2015 Flying Cloud 25FB? I’d like to get another one to mount my galley TV on so I can get it closer to the dinette. I’m planning to use it as the monitor for my Mac mini computer while traveling.

I’m thinking that maybe if the 2 different mounts are the same manufacturer with the same configuration in terms of placement of mounting holes, maybe I wouldn’t have to drill any new holes in the AS wood wall.

Any ideas?
easler7267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
GLCMRANGER - Sue

2016 25' International
Littlestown , Pennsylvania
I just ran into this post. I'm doing the same thing. I replaced both Galley and Bedroom mounts with Airstream OEM replacements. Go to RAMCO Engineering website, click on MOVIEW mounts. Make sure you pick the mount that has the locking strap.
glcmranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hanscom AFB , Massachusetts
Thank you so much! What a great tip!

Are you doing this also so you can get the TV closer to the dinette?

And did you also find that the hole configuration was such that you didn’t need to drill new ones?
easler7267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:18 AM   #4
GLCMRANGER - Sue

2016 25' International
The 2016 25A model had a fix mount. So, I replaced it with the articulating arm. I think I ended up drilling new holes on the bump out square Airstream mounting piece of wood. I glued the back of the new mount plate with Sikaflex 221 and then attach with the supplied bolts.
I'm in the process of changing out the OEM articulating arm in the bedroom with a similar TV mount but without the tilting function (the old one is now in a permanent tilt) -- too much vibration in the back. I'm also replacing that 24 inch Samsung (120v AC power) with a Jensen 24 inch 12v DC powered TV-- that way, I don't have to run inverter when dry camping. I already installed a 12v plug (cigarette lighter) previously behind the TV mount to run a 12v floor fan. Good luck on the install!
Old 11-09-2017, 06:46 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Boise , Idaho
12V TV in the Bedroom

This is an upgrade I would like to do too on my 2013 25RB. What I don't understand is how to get a 12V port close to the TV. If I need to run a wire from that spot all the way to the battery, it would be a serious pain. I have light switches nearby, can I somehow grab power from there?

Thanks,
Adam
afk314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:37 AM   #6
GLCMRANGER - Sue

2016 25' International
afk314: Sorry not getting back to you. Yes. Buy a Blue Sea Systems 12v DC plug via Amazon. They are marine quality. Next. Tap off the wires to the bedroom light switch on the TV wall. You should find a color-coded wire (Positive) and a white wire (ground). I think my color coded wire was purple. Go to your Converter panel, fuse section, and see what that color-coded wire is running WHAT is your trailer. I used heat shrink butt connectors to splice into those wires on the wall (your next to the shower ((water)). BTW -- the plug hole should be REAL CLOSE to the existing light switch hole since you'll have to screw in the back to affix the plug. I'll send you a couple of pictures by end of the weekend if you're interested in the install......