Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #21
DAHarvey

2002 22' International
2004 22' International CCD
2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Johnson City , Texas
I have two RCA audio cables (red and white) and one coax connecting to the 23" Samsung LCD TV. My TV will play over the Sony radio speakers fine. But I can not get my Sony radio DVD to play video on the TV. I really think they forgot to run the three rca cables (red, white, and yellow) to the TV. I've asked the dealer and hopefully they will get back with me Monday. Since I've pulled it home Wednesday (09/23/2009) we have already find several minor issues, so we will be taking it back real soon (before we ever take it on a trip).
daharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #22
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
My mistake. Yes, my Samsung has 5 RCA plugs—including component style connections which has a yellow connection as part of a triple cable (left and right sound plus video). I assume (since I didn't look too closely) the triple cable comes from the Sony radio/DVD player and the double cable is TV sound going to the Sony. All the cables, including the coax, are sheathed together and disappear in the partition.

It may be that at the factory they never included the triple cable for whatever reason. I would think it would be included in case the dealer installed the upgrade as there's other wiring installed for later inclusion of options. My TV and Sony sound system was installed at the factory.

In the bedroom, there's an receptacle for coax, but I don't recall seeing any connections for the Sony radio/DVD player (I should have looked; not looking gets me in trouble)

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
the COMPOSITE (one video RCA, two audio RCA) connection they use from the DVD player to the HD LCD TV drives me nuts... optimally, it should be COMPONENT (three video RCA, two audio RCA). If not, then at least S-Video would be an improvement. As it is, the picture quality for DVD's is comparable to a bad VHS tape.... OTA hi-def TV looks phenom... oh well, can't have *everything* when ur camping <wink>

I'd like to run an HDMI cable, for possible future Blu-Ray install... but I can't imagine running one would be practical (from overhead front cabinet to fridge wall mount)... any ideas?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #24
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I ran an OSB cable under the cushions of the guacho, under the dinette and to the other side of the table. If I put in a DVD upgrade, I'd put the DVD player as close to the TV as possible. I have the microwave and printer in a small cabinet next to the partition the TV is on and would mount the DVD player on top of that and then it's inches to the TV.

Normally all the electronic equipment should be in the same place, but the guacho makes that difficult. Since we don't use it as a bed, it's become a cabinet holder.

I don't know your floor plan, but maybe you need an entertainment center close to the TV. I wish the radio was there so I didn't have to use it above my head constantly changing the volume as the A/C goes on or off, commercial blare on TV, or use the remote from an awkward angle while watching a DVD.

Gene
Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
South , South Dakota
We put the table down we had it fall once no damange.

Dean
rd tighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I wish the radio was there so I didn't have to use it above my head constantly changing the volume as the A/C goes on or off, commercial blare on TV, or use the remote from an awkward angle while watching a DVD.

Gene
I have thought about putting a mirror on the table by the TV and seeing if it would reflect the remote back to the radio. I haven't tried it yet though.
regards,
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I ran an OSB cable under the cushions of the guacho, under the dinette and to the other side of the table. If I put in a DVD upgrade, I'd put the DVD player as close to the TV as possible. I have the microwave and printer in a small cabinet next to the partition the TV is on and would mount the DVD player on top of that and then it's inches to the TV.

Normally all the electronic equipment should be in the same place, but the guacho makes that difficult. Since we don't use it as a bed, it's become a cabinet holder.

I don't know your floor plan, but maybe you need an entertainment center close to the TV. I wish the radio was there so I didn't have to use it above my head constantly changing the volume as the A/C goes on or off, commercial blare on TV, or use the remote from an awkward angle while watching a DVD.

Gene
what's an OSB cable?

you're right, the location of the receiver is screwy... I swear the remote works better when the cabinet door is closed <crazy>...
Old 09-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #28
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Ken, you can reflect the remote with a mirror, though it doesn't seem to reflect off the TV. Maybe I'll have my wife stand in the hallway holding a mirror since she's the one who always wants the volume changed.

Finalcut, a USB cable is what I meant. I think it means universal serial buss. An OSB cable would be made out of oriented strand board and fall apart immediately.

Gene