Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
2007 Classic 30' A/V provisions

Hi all, I tried this posting on the 2007 Classic sub-forum, but got no responses so I thought I'd try it here...maybe a broader "techy" crew here. Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

"I just bought a 2007 30' Classic. The original owner did not get any TV nor Subwoofer options. I have solved the subwoofer issues with the prewired connections available and am up and running.

Questions:

1) While setting up the Subwoofer for the stereo, two other A/V cables were present behind the stereo:
a) a 30' RCA two wire patch cable (per online parts manual). This, presumably allows for the TV to be played through the stereo, as there is an audio "in" RCA jacks on back of stereo. BUT, where is the othwr end of the cable? I cannot reach it behind the TV antenna/amplifier nor the nearby power outlet.
b) a 30' 3-way patch cord, presumably for a DVD player. Again, where is the other end of this patch cable?

2) Advice needed: I am going to mount a flat panel in the bedroom on the right side wall, where the TV hookups are. What thy of mount? Is there additional structure needed in the thin space between the pocket door and inside of wall?

I will also mount a flat panel to the bottom side of the overhead cabinet over the credenza. Again, any mount advice and mounting suggestions?
Also, what is a good way to hide the cabling down to the TV hookups below the credenza?

Thanks!"

Old 08-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
_

. , .
hi dz...

often the placement (which subforum) of a new post is useful, sometimes it matters little.

with new posts, almost everyone SEEs the original post/topic/question so location isn't critical...

((i read your other post with the same content, but wasn't moved to reply, sorry.))

and mods can MOVE threads that are better placed.

the real value of good location is that...

it suggests the POSTER has scanned the many many TOPIC/THEME/ISSUE subforums before posting ...

((i'm not suggesting DON'T start threads or ask questions, just look around first))

you need to be READING in the proper subforum (where the answers are already...)

and that would be here....

Audio, Video & TV - Airstream Forums

once THERE quickly scan the titles for potentially on target threads, or...

relist/rerank the threads by hitting the posts or views column header....

and u'll get a useful LISTING of threads like these...

on 'wiring'

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...iler-8630.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...lcd-23335.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...reo-17361.html

on tv mounting

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...ion-14924.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...all-32564.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...-tvs-3892.html

wiring layouts are somewhat similar from model2model and length2length and year2year...

but sometimes the a/s builders do CRAZY stuff on 2 trailers that are supposed to be exactly the same...
________

your next best option is to EMAIL a/s tech and ask about the wiring locations and purpose...

sometimes they know what is where and what does what...sometimes

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Thanks, 2 air,

I had read these posts before, but I reread them as you suggested. NONE of my questions pertaining to a 2007 Classic 30' are addressed in these posts. A lot of other modes discussed, but apparently enough different layouts to offer no help. I have emaile A/S....no response yet.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
_

. , .
perhaps not the "where's this wire end go..." quesiton, but the tv mounting, wall reinforcement and wiring tricks are well covered.

--typically YES a wall plate is needed behind the thin a/s room/divider walls...

these plates often COME WITH the tv wall mounts if purchased from the factory but they are expensive.

so many folks end up fabricating something.

--the growth of the lcd tv market means a LOT more wall mounting options now than just 2 years ago.
_________

--it is UNwise 2 hang a tv or anything else >5 lbs from the bottom of an overhead locker.

the overheads are JUST BARELY attached as is and have been known to FALL out occasionally.

--attaching DIRECTLY to the inner skin/ribs or credenza TOP or an inner wall or the floor is preferred.

but there are folks here who've hung 40 inchers from the ceiling, so anything is possible.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Thanks, 2Air,
I was afraid the answer to the overhead mount was as you state. Just wanted to maximize countertop space. Do you have any experience with those "stick down" tv anchors? I really don't want to drill holes in the nice credenza top. Or should I just find a place to stow the TV during travel?

The post on the bedroom wall mounts cover several wall types and configurations, but mine is the wall which contains the bedroom pocket door. It has to be where the factory mounts tvs, as the cable, 12V, and 120V outlets are all in that location. There is only about 1/4" of clearance between the door and the inside of the wall. And it's just 1/4" Plywood. Any plate or large screw heads, I fear will rub and scar the door finish. Any suggestions? There is a vertical piece of wood about 3 feet long which acts as a "door stop" for the door while in it's open position. That would allow for the vertical edge of the right side of a bracket to have good support, but what about the other edge? Being behind the axle, I would expect a lot of load forces on the mount.

NOW, IF I COULD ONLY FIND THE TERMINATIONS OF THE A/V CABLES!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
_

. , .
in prior years, a/s screwed a foldup SHELF into that rear bed room wall...

and the tv could be PLACED on the shelf for use (not for travel).

the rear end goes UPndown a lot so anything hanging on the walls is subject to mov'n.

even folks who let the tvs RIDE on the beds report them crawling around.

typically NOW a/s mounts them ALL over the axles near the dinette on the fridge wall, with an articulated swinging arm.
_________

the tv in my stream rides on the SOFA/streetside with a pillow and cozy/cover...

why not just live with it awhile, go camping, contemplate and a location will manifest...

and instead of trying to find the cable ends...

let them find you

cheers
2air'

Old 08-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
DUDE!! I am camping.....and will be for next 2 weeks!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Ivins , Utah
This is what the factory used to mount the 22" LCD panel in our 2010 27FB. Double arm to swing out and around, and has a lock to keep it against the wall while on the road. It's attached to the fridge wall, with wood screws (no bolts). The bracket has holes for quite a few screws.

Moview: WDSL Double Swing Arm w/ Lock