Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Tyrone , Georgia
2 questions about lcd installation. Speakers and vibration

We just picked up a 26" led 1080p from SAMs that fits perfectly on the wall in the livingroom.

Is there any concern over vibration? We plan on mounting it like a picture frame on the wall, without any articulating mount.

Also, any idea on the general wiring of the stereo? I believe the front and back speakers must be wired as one on each side as there is no control from front to back. I'm wondering if I can place a switch that would kill the bedroom speakers so it can be quiet back there for the baby.
mikeandnora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We have a 19" LCD television mounted in the bedroom of our trailer, and have had no trouble. The stereo speakers should all have their own wires, and you should be able to isolate the front from the back by using the front/rear fade feature on the stereo, without any fancy wiring. If the stereo in the trailer is only designed for two speakers, it would be a good time and excuse to upgrade.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
The speakers in the bedroom of my 1983 Excella have switches beneath each one to turn them off. They are push-button on/off switches. I had to replace one of the switches and I upgraded the speakers a while back. Photos at http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...ent-38596.html.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
The new LED panels are very thin, lightweight and hopefully roadworthy. You will get more vibration by mounting directly to the wall as there isn't anything between the wall and screen to absorb the shock. Hopefully you got good axles.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #5

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
You could use some rubber washers when mounting the TV. Just remember it will need to come out if you store it in the winter. Lcds don't like the extreme cold.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Tyrone , Georgia
Thanks for the info and ideas on both issues. I definitely don't have a switch to turn off the back speakers but it is inspiring to know that there should be front back control from the head unit. I will get behind there and figure out why there isn't currently.

The 26 inch fits perfectly on that wall. To install, I really like the idea of using a rubber washer to isolate some of the vibration.

I would mount it on an articulating arm, but it is so thin and fits on the wall so well I think we just want it flush.

I will have pictures of both to come.
mikeandnora is offline   Reply With Quote