Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Spicewood , Texas
Unhappy 08' safari digital noise at subwoofer?

Had a ticking digital noise comming from subwoofer when playing CD's or DVD'S.
Brought it to the dealer(still under warranty)and at first they said they didn't hear it and tryed to send me down the road.I insisted that the noise was there and finally they said they did hear it and turned down the volume on the subwoofer so you could barely hear it and said "there ya go,it's fixed" well,no it's not fixed and this seems like the norm for dealers?
After I discusted this with them they called Airstream about this problem,and it seems I am not the only one with this problem,they said Airstream had a kit of some sort to fix this.
Well,when I picked it up and went to use the system the noise was gone but I could barely here the subwoofer.On closer inspection I found some king of filter they put inline to the sub and it's choking it so bad that it really doesn't work like it should.
This is there fix and it is not right but they won't do anything else to solve this problem.
Is there anyone out there who has a fix for this?
Semms like there fix is to just turn the sub off and send me down the road.
It's just not right,do I have any recorse? I don't like being "BLOWN OFF" and I'm sure no one does.
kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
I've found there are some things in an RV that dealers just don't know anything about. Stereo systems are a good example. I had sub woofer problems, also, the dealer nor Airstream could address. The person who finally fixed it was a young stereo buff with a similar system in his Airstream.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1999 30' Excella 1000
rio rancho , New Mexico
Wink

had the same noise on a 08-27fb/se.
-put a kill switch on sub woofer
-put a ground loop filter on stereo to tv audio output
-put a ground loop filter on tv to stereo audio output
keep the tv volume mid range when you listen to the tv on stereo speakers.
the sub woofer will drain you battery, unless you are in store mode.
the wire to + from the stereo+ tv are so long that they both need ground loops.
bought mine at radio shack, think about $10+you need two sets of audio couplings.
airmac is offline   Reply With Quote