In most RV fridge fires, it is not the hydrogen that is responsible for the fire, but highly pressurized, super heated ammonia that becomes a flammable plasma.
I was directly involved in a Norcold fire that totaled a diesel pusher and that was the findings of the professional fire investigators that were representing Norcold.
In addition, this inquiry clearly showed that while operating on the 120 VAC heating elements, the various recall modifications done to these units were totally ineffective, as they are solely intended for remedial action while operating on LP!!
RVIA/RVDA Nationally Certified Master Tech
Master Tech Energy Systems, Inc.
AM Solar Certified Installation Center
Lifeline Batteries**Magnum Inverters
Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
SOLAR TECH ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC.
AM SOLAR ...MAGNUM…VICTRON ENERGY...LITHIUM & LIFELINE BATTERIES…MARINE REFRIGERATION