Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Fridge question

I have the dometic RM3807 royale designer series refridgerator. We are currently out on our third day at the Moraine view rally in central illinois. Before we left home i had run the fridge for a week in the driveway at home on ac power , withe the coach leveled. The fridge ran without a hitch. The day before we left home the unit went into to check mode without any change in the set up of the coach. I turned it off, let it sit for a bit and turned it back on, it ran fine for an hour or so then again the check light came on. Tried to run it on gas and it lit and ran for an hour or so and check light came on.

We left home to travel the hour to the rally site running the generator on the road to power the fridge and it continued to start fine but within a short time would go into check mode. Set up camp at the rally, plugged in and the fridge ran fine for a few hours and then back into check mode. Releveled the caoch hoping it would help, (trying anything i could think of) and the fridge ran great for a day on ac, thought i had solved the problem by, it cooled just great. It always cools great when it is running. Then, it goes into check mode again.

Soooooo, my question is, does this pretty much sound like a control board issue?
It cools great when it will keep running but continues to go into the check mode.
Would the next step be to buy a new dino board and see if that solves the issue?
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote