Old 03-18-2014, 05:32 AM   #1
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Best Purchasing Resource?

We are changing out all appliances in our '68 Tradewind remodel. We listed out all the items and searched the internet with pricing from Adventure RV and American RV. We also contacted two local sources. Adding shipping to the internet companies brought them very closely in line with the local sources with the exception of a couple of items.

My question is what was your best purchasing method? I am leaning toward the local resource. I have put it out to "bid" to the local vendors and they know I am looking on-line. One in particular is willing to offer additional discounts off retail and will include shipping if we are purchasing all or most of the items.

I don't find the cheapest price to necessarily be the best value. I think with appliances there merit in using the local resource so that i can walk in and deal directly on any issues.

Any comments on the following appliances? The range is a closed burner that has great appeal to me.

Replacing:
Dometic Ref. #RM2510.22R
Atwood Range #RA2135
Atwood Heater #Everest Star III 20-II
Atwood Water Heater #GCAA-10E

Adding:
Level sensors, Garnett Industries, Seelevel II
Inverter, Xantrex Prosine
Solar panels, (4)
Central Vac

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Okay, well, I took a deep breath and ordered all the appliances yesterday. I researched on line as well as contacting local retailers/RV suppliers. In the end I went with the most local guy and negotiated a package price. He wasn't the cheapest, but was within a reasonable margin. I liked that I could go in and talk with him and he was a good resource for other ancillary contacts I would be needing. All in all, I believe this was the right decision for us. So, now we just wait for the items to arrive. Most will be here in a day or two with a few specialty exceptions.

We are on to the "finish" installations in our shell off restoration of the '68 Tradewind.

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote