Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Orem , Utah
Audio video package

Ok I bought new TV today and installed wondering why old set had 3 rcas one is video red and white audio. Seems like when I turn on sony and pop in movie audio on tv is gone anyhow and played through system. There were even 2 more wires connected white and red to AV 2 IN for some reason yellow was cut in fact had hole down wire little ways. Does 6 cd stacker connect to tv? Maybe Amp sub from tv? Anyhow just having yellow video in seemed to do same job.
starcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcraft
Ok I bought new TV today and installed wondering why old set had 3 rcas one is video red and white audio. Seems like when I turn on sony and pop in movie audio on tv is gone anyhow and played through system. There were even 2 more wires connected white and red to AV 2 IN for some reason yellow was cut in fact had hole down wire little ways. Does 6 cd stacker connect to tv? Maybe Amp sub from tv? Anyhow just having yellow video in seemed to do same job.
Yellow is always video and red white audio. My 06 Safari FB has a red/ white returning back to the CD Player/Sony unit to allow for playback of TV tuner through Airstream speakers. It's kind of confusing finding the proper source button to select it on the tuner. And it's prone to humming due to low quality wiring and ground issues and shore power. We took out the factory flay screen and put in a Vizio hd from Costco as the old unit didnt tune in local hd channels. Hope some of this helps
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote