Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #1

1963 26' Overlander
austin , Texas
Appliance Removal

I have a 1963 Airstream Overlander and am trying to remove the original oven as well as the fridge. I have removed all side bolts and lower bolts that seem visible to me but unfortunately neither want to budge. The fridge has several screws coming up through the floor but no discernible way to pull them out. As for the oven there does not seem to be any way that it is attached that I can tell. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
My 60 refrigerator had 4 large bolts through the refrigerator frame down thru the plywood and then through the chassis/frame. There were little aluminum patches about 2" diameter in the belly pan just below each bolt. I'm guessing you have the same or similar connection (it's kind of a 2 person job). The oven came out fairly easy, can't remember anything special(?) . . . Good Luck.
MarkR

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:30 PM   #3

1963 26' Overlander
austin , Texas
Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case. I see the bolts that you are referring to coming up through the floor (except more like 8 for me) however there is no access from below without pulling off a very large section of the belly pan. As for the stove it seemed to be pretty straight forward however after removing numerous screws it is now loose from the back wall and sides but attached very well at the bottom with no apparent screw or fixture.
buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
I assume you've detached the gas line to the oven/stove . . . there's also a 3 or 4 inch diameter exterior wall vent that might be hanging you up . . .

If you're trying to preserve the belly pan you could use a hole saw at your best guess locations of the bolts . . . patches in old belly pans are hardly noticeable (in my opinion) so I wouldn't worry too much about how it'll look. Or if you can get to the bolts you can try a saw-zall (sp?) . . . but I'm guessing there will be a couple you'll never be able to reach . . . sorry I don't have a great answer.

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is offline   Reply With Quote