Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Canton , Mississippi
Airconditioner Circuit Board

Hi All,

I was using my 1991 Excella 1000 this past weekend and the airconditioner started acting up. It would turn itself off, then on all by itself. The lights on the control panel would flicker, then later in the day went dead even though the fan was on. I flicked the air/microwave swith off and on repeatedly, and got the compressor to come back on a few times, then finally nothing. I think the electronic circuit board went out.

Has any one ever replaced the electronic curcuit board located in the top unit and/or the control panel in the lower unit? If so, where did you get the replacement? It is a Duo Therm Penguin.

I probably ruined it myself. (like all the other damage I have done to this trailer) The drain hose was plugged up and a lot of water was dripping out. Since it was around midnight when I discovered the problem, I just put a big pan under it. Later, after it started acting up, I discovered a lot of water behind the control panel in the lower unit. This control panel also is built on a curcuit board and it got wet. I dried it out with a hair dryer, but it didn't make things any better.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, David
dmreilly10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Canton , Mississippi
Has anyone worked on one of these?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:30 PM   #3

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I had a circuit board replaced under warranty on a Duo-Therm Brisk air. From what I remember it was just a matter of removing the inside air filters and then the inside shroud. Finally a metal cover plate and you have access to the board. If I had to do it myself, it would have been pretty easy.

Not looked closely on my Penguin though to see what that access is. I'm sure any authorized Duo-Therm service provider can sell you the board plus give you the instructions on access.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Canton , Mississippi
Update on Airconditioner Circuit board

I went to my local camper dealer/supply store and George, the parts guy who I have done business with for almost 20 years, knew exactly what I needed. He sold me a thermostate module (the board in the bottom part of the airconditioner that has the off-on switch, high/med/low switch and the air/fan/heat switch and the temp. control.)

I plugged the flat ribbon cord into into the unit, said a little prayer, and flipped it on. IT WORKED!!

I got out of this one for about $70.00 for the part.

The moral of this story is: If your drain line is clogged, don't just let it drip into the inside of the trailer into a pan. It will ruin this part.