Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
24/7 365

Thanks for always being here. I am day 2 of 4 boondocking at a festival. I just got in it is very late. my LP detector(one near floor by sink) is flashing a yellow/orange combo color. According to the chart it is a fault/ problem meaning. I made the decision to turn off fridge, and close off gas.

I am thinking maybe my battery is low? I have not used anything except little pumped water and fridge, but I am pretty sure my batteries are original. I am third owner.

Do you think that coloring in the LP could be from a week battery? Should I just hit battery disconnect. The red button by fhe door and shut her all down? I can manage, it would be like camping in a tent on wheels.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
At the worst, you'd want to shut off the LP until you figured out what the detector was trying to say. Not the rest of your trailer, just the gas and the conveniences it gives you. Keep your refrig closed, it'll stay cool quite a while. If they have ice there maybe put some ice in the refrig. Don't abandon ship for a stinking little yellow light.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Since your rig is a 2006, it is 7 years old. The instructions that came with my new trailer said that when the propane detector is 7 years old it will automatically go into a default mode indicating something is wrong and will have to be replaced. So, probably yours is simply indicating it is at the end of it's life and needs to be change for a new one.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Oh that is good news, picked an odd time to die, so no stove, or hot water? Or fridge? Shower will be the killer here however the Girl Scout in
me will come up with plan b)

Another quick as this trip has been full of surprise( like when the festival located their contractor size generator run run lights six inches from my window. I hAdto hitch up and move, the nice volunteer did not understand the safety issues). So....do I always have to use the 8" tall tubular foot pad for the tongue jack, or can I use a shorter version? I always lower the jack onto a piece of 2' 3/4 plywood to give a nice even surface.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote