Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Tincampers's Avatar
 
2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,138
WFCO inverter, fan but no juice

Turned on the inverter yesterday to charge up the laptop. I can hear the fans running but have no power at any of the outlets. Last week, it was on and working fine. I went outside for awhile and when I returned, the light on the remote switch was on, but no fans and no power.

Anything to check before I invert this into a boat anchor?
__________________

__________________
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
 
New Borockton , Alabama
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,268
Images: 21
It should be hardwired to your AC distribution panel or sub panel Make sure there in no 120 VAC there and the breaker not tripped before you dump it.
__________________

__________________
Randy...Converters, Inverters, Trimetric, Surge Protectors, Zamp Solar, AGM Batteries
www.bestconverter.com
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Tincampers's Avatar
 
2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Overlander View Post
It should be hardwired to your AC distribution panel or sub panel Make sure there in no 120 VAC there and the breaker not tripped before you dump it.
Thanks Randy, checked the breaker and it didn't appear to be tripped. Reset it anyway. I have power out now.

If this does eventually fail, what's a good option for a replacement?

John
__________________
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
KJRitchie's Avatar

 
2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,189
Since its a standalone inverter any 1000w will work. Just a matter of swapping cables and screwing it down. Samlex is a good brand. Or you could spend more and get an inverter/charger such as a Magnum 1012 1000w inverter/charge with the optional control panel will allow you to monitor the inverter, battery condition and set up customized battery parameters. Anything should be better than the WFCO inverter.

Kelvin
__________________
2008 Classic 25fb "Silver Mistress"
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins. Crew Cab, 4x4, Silver
2010 Tundra 5.7L, Double Cab, 2wd, White
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
Tincampers's Avatar
 
2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Since its a standalone inverter any 1000w will work. Just a matter of swapping cables and screwing it down. Samlex is a good brand. Or you could spend more and get an inverter/charger such as a Magnum 1012 1000w inverter/charge with the optional control panel will allow you to monitor the inverter, battery condition and set up customized battery parameters. Anything should be better than the WFCO inverter.

Kelvin
Thanks Kelvin, I will take a look at the Samlex...holding off on the Magnum until after I scope out my next bank robbery🤓🤓🤓!
__________________
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
 
New Borockton , Alabama
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,268
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincampers View Post
Thanks Randy, checked the breaker and it didn't appear to be tripped. Reset it anyway. I have power out now.

If this does eventually fail, what's a good option for a replacement?

John
Samlex PST series is definitely our most popular stand alone but if you decide to go inverter/charger, their EVO 2200 watt is phenomenal. If your converter is still working or already upgraded, might want to save that $$ and get a stand alone but either will do the job. We serve a lot of Airstream dealerships and the PST 1500 and 2000 are the most popular but they do also make a 1000 if you only need it for entertainment 'stuff' and no heat devices.
__________________
Randy...Converters, Inverters, Trimetric, Surge Protectors, Zamp Solar, AGM Batteries
www.bestconverter.com
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
Tincampers's Avatar
 
2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Overlander View Post
Samlex PST series is definitely our most popular stand alone but if you decide to go inverter/charger, their EVO 2200 watt is phenomenal. If your converter is still working or already upgraded, might want to save that $$ and get a stand alone but either will do the job. We serve a lot of Airstream dealerships and the PST 1500 and 2000 are the most popular but they do also make a 1000 if you only need it for entertainment 'stuff' and no heat devices.
Converter upgrade was the very first thing I did.

Do you have any information on wiring an inverter, say the 2000, with an automatic transfer switch on your website?

John
__________________
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
 
New Borockton , Alabama
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,268
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincampers View Post
Converter upgrade was the very first thing I did.

Do you have any information on wiring an inverter, say the 2000, with an automatic transfer switch on your website?

John
Only the owners manuals John and some of them go into good detail, wire size, fuse, etc. There are tons of blogs and several here have done it too I know. Not difficult with basic skills.
__________________
Randy...Converters, Inverters, Trimetric, Surge Protectors, Zamp Solar, AGM Batteries
www.bestconverter.com
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master
 
2015 30' Classic
Pleasanton , California
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 593
If you have a solar controller, it's possible that the WFCO inverter is in shut-down mode from possible over-voltage. I find that my WFCO inverter will shut down at times when my solar charger is running with very light loads on the battery. As soon I load the battery or wait till later afternoon I can then restart my inverter by turn it on and off at the remote.
__________________
Al, K6IV
2015 30' Classic, "Chez Nu"
2014 RAM 2500 w/Cummins Diesel
ProPride Hitch, 400 W Solar
alano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:31 PM   #10
Rivet Master
 
Tincampers's Avatar
 
2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by alano View Post
If you have a solar controller, it's possible that the WFCO inverter is in shut-down mode from possible over-voltage. I find that my WFCO inverter will shut down at times when my solar charger is running with very light loads on the battery. As soon I load the battery or wait till later afternoon I can then restart my inverter by turn it on and off at the remote.
You might have something there. I will test it again tomorrow when the charger is in a high voltage mode. Good catch!

Just looked at the specs and max dc input voltage is 15v.
__________________
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:56 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member
 
2005 28' Safari
Saint Joseph , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 39
Hi Randy.. Still waiting for the part/enclosure .. Fred K
__________________

__________________
TruckerFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WFCO WF5110H Inverter RivetingTrvl Airstream Classifieds 0 04-19-2016 03:03 PM
WFCO WF5110H Inverter - PRICE DROP RivetingTrvl Airstream Classifieds 0 06-21-2015 12:48 PM
WFCO WF5110H Inverter ghaynes755 Airstream Classifieds 0 05-25-2015 07:01 PM
Modification to reduce fan noise for the WFCO 1000 W Inverter alano 2011 - 2015 Classic (all lengths) 8 05-08-2015 01:26 PM
WFCO WF5110H Inverter ghaynes755 Airstream Classifieds 0 07-24-2014 08:28 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.