Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #41
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Yes, it is. If you are going to spend the money on a high quality AGM (Lifeline), you don't want to destroy them with a battery charger that's stupid. The really high quality units will allow you to customize them for the type of battery they're charging....i.e., how much time does the battery need for absorption, float, equalization or whatever applies to your battery type. Otherwise, just buy Interstate's.
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:15 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
So I know from PM with Rocinante that the pendant that can be ordered with the PD4655 wasn't ordered or installed. If anyone has done so with a 27FB - could you post pics of your installation specifically of the pendant and describe where in the process you installed it? I may go without as apparently you just open the panel and get a visual cue with LEDs which would be simple enough. I'm just curious if anyone has done it. Thanks!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:11 AM   #43
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
So I know from PM with Rocinante that the pendant that can be ordered with the PD4655 wasn't ordered or installed. If anyone has done so with a 27FB - could you post pics of your installation specifically of the pendant and describe where in the process you installed it? I may go without as apparently you just open the panel and get a visual cue with LEDs which would be simple enough. I'm just curious if anyone has done it. Thanks!
The pendant for the 4600 series is ours. We had it made for a couple of reasons. First, some don't like to crawl on the floor and open the panel to see what's going on or to over ride the charge function with the control button. You can bring the interaction with the charge wizard outside the panel and accessible. Second, the old pendant for the 9200 series doesn't fit the 4600 series and required spicing of the supplied umbilical that comes with the 4655 series that connects the converter to the fuse board. Finally, with the new 4600 pendant we had made, there is really no reason to install the fuse board that comes with the 4655 that replaces the 7355/8355 so it saves a lot of time during install.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:52 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Thanks 68 Overlander. The kit I purchased has a pendant specifically for it (from Randy at Best Converter) so that must be different than when you needed to make one. I still haven't decided if I'm going to use it. I was hoping some pictures of its installation might help me decide. The convenience you describe is the reason to do it...
Old 01-19-2017, 12:09 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
By way of update - had the converter installed this morning at the local RV shop. Opted not to go with the pendant for now. Simple enough to open the cover and have a look at the LED - however, I see how easy it is to connect it and how convenient it could be (if I wanted to get snarky, I could talk about how the pendant will save me 1/2 second of opening the cover &#128512. I just had a hard time having them drill a hole for something not really needed. Now that the whole thing is installed - I also understand how using the pendant would have saved about 30 minutes of installation time in swapping out the fuse board - you just wouldn't have to do that operation at all.

Very happy to have the upgraded converter up and running!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #46
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
What would folks recommend as a more efficient and reliable replacement for the WFCO 1000 watt inverter, and could the remote on/off switch in my galley still be used to control it? I'd love it if I could just do a drop-in replacement.

Thoughts and recommendations? Thank you!
Did you ever find such an Inverter? I'm looking for 2000w and would like to keep the on off button active.

WFCO website says they will have 2000w soon. But looking for other options.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:42 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
I'm planning on doing this swap as well on my 2017 27FB international. Is the PD4655 model the one for this model too?
Old 08-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #48
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I just had a hard time having them drill a hole for something not really needed.
No need to drill a hole if you don't want to. There is enough of a gap between the power center cover and the wall to run the telephone wire from the pendant to the board without damaging it, I did that and just stuck the pendant on the wall just to the left of the power center cover.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote