Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #57
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
It might be fun to get some input from a mechanical engineer to help you with all that data that you need to look at, 2xs. For example, one of the points that 2air made that I found particularly valid was the one about your modifications to the bathroom floor.

As you probably know by now, an AS is a monocoque device; i.e. the body and frame are interdependant in supporting the whole TT. By cutting the sheet of plywood from one end to (almost) the other under your shower, in your study you may find that you have seriously compromised the strength of the rear section. This could result in calamatous results, once you are on the road.

However, I am but a lowly enthusiast, and not an engineer, and as such I eagerly await the results of your study.

We look forward to reading about more of your innovations. You certainly are "stirring the pot"!

If it's to be, it's up to me.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #58

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
I thought the blu prts came furst

AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
Old 12-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #59
4 Rivet Member
1970 27' Overlander
Send a message via Skype™ to WILDRTEXAS
Seriously...when did a simple thead become a such a p*ss*n contest?
So, so wrong. Its like when a cat goes to the bathroom in a childs's JUST wrong.. Im OUT.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Taylor 1/20/96 - 11/28/08

Old 12-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #60

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
This thread has been closed at the request of the original poster. If you wish to take this topic up on a new thread please feel free to do so.

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Closed Thread