Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Wamego , Kansas
TT Battery Backfeeding TV

Quick (I hope) question:

When I've got the battery in the AS ('73 Overlander) connected to its cables and the umbilical to the TV hooked up, the reverse lights on my truck come on. 2002 K1500 Avalanche if it means anything, which I doubt. Anyone else seen this, and if so, where's the likely culprit? Trailer wiring, fault with brake controller install or bad wiring to the TV connector? Something else?

The result thus far is that when I'm going down the road I have to disconnect the ground cable to the battery and therefor can't recharge the AS battery from the TV's alternator. Bummer.

'Berg
Old 04-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Sounds like you have the battery feed line and the backup light line reversed in your trailer plug. The center pin should be the backup lights, and the battery feed should be the one on the top of the plug, next to the wire for the running lights.