Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Transfer Switch and Inverter

We have a 2012 Flying Cloud 25FB with twin beds. The transfer switch failed which apparently happens more then it should. I took the trailer to the dealer and they replaced the switch. When I got the trailer back home I opened the area under the curb side twin bed to familiarize my self with the electrical components including the transfer switch. If the transfer switch should fail again and I cannot easily get to a dealer for warranty replacement I feel I can wire around the switch with out too much effort using wire nuts.
I feel my long term solution is to replace the transfer switch with a manual one. I will do this when my electrical warranty runs out.
When I was looking at the electrical components I found our inverter (not converter) had been attached to a 1/2 plywood bulkhead under the bed. The 2 small screws holding the inverter had come out and the inverter way laying on top of a bunch of wires. Not good!!! Rather then drive the 120 mile round trip to our dealer I reattached the inverter to the bulkhead with 4 - 1/4 inch through bolts. This inverter is an option so not all trailers have one.
Phil
Scaler113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Good to know Phil, thanks!

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote