Old 08-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Snoqualmie , Washington
surprise - have Lifeline AGM in my 2010 25fb

Went yesterday to an Airstream dealer FAQ class (since still new to the AS - have taken 4 trips so far). They emphasized the need to check batteries every 30 days and fill with water for AS trailers. So today i went to check and I have Lifeline AGM batteries, instead of the normal batteries. I bought the AS used - so don't know if factory installed as part of two solar panels i have on the roof (is that typical?). I Was going thru some threads on the forum - and now wondering if i should be checking for any compatibility issues with other electronics (but assume it should be OK - since no problems in my first 4 camping trips. any other adivs eon these batteris

Anders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . I think that's one of the advantages of buying used, other than the obvious price consideration. Solar panels & AGM batteries were not standard in 2010, but could be dealer installed. And if you have had no problems so far, sounds like all is well with your mods. You might want to contact the previous owner for additional info. Regards, Craig

WBCCI 2851,4CU
RamblinManGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Lucky you.
I have 4 Lifeline 6V batteries in my 64 Safari. They are better than most. They are true deep cycle batteries and quite expensive. Consider your self fortunate indeed. Look them up on line.
Lifeline Batteries - Marine & RV Deep Cycle Batteries

batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
We have a package on our 2010 purchased new, that I believe was called the boondocker package. It included the solar panels, the lifeline batteries, and a couple other things I don't remember right off. I'm guessing that's what you have.

Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:52 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
2014 27' FB Classic
Cassopolis , Michigan
I installed two Lifeline AGMs and a high tech charger in my '99 25' some six or seven years ago. They're still in there, work great, and don't discharge during winter storage. Just in case there would be incompatibility issues, I installed one in the tow vehicle when battery time came. I am really pleased with AGMs in trucks, trailers and boats.
biyak269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member
2011 16' Sport
Garfield Heights , Ohio
Lifeline FYI

Any battery that has a "cranking amps" rating is NOT a TRUE deep cycle battery, including Lifeline. I believe Trojan makes the only true deep cycle AGM battery.
Sportcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Originally Posted by Sportcenter View Post
Any battery that has a "cranking amps" rating is NOT a TRUE deep cycle battery, including Lifeline. I believe Trojan makes the only true deep cycle AGM battery.
Here we go again. Energy storing devices.
As many of us know, any 12v battery can be used to start a your truck, RV, Boat, etc. Even a "deep cycle" battery.
Deep cycle batteries are not designed for starting and have a lower "cranking amp" rating than a regular "starting" type of battery. However just because one company claims they are the "only" true "AGM deep cycle" battery and do not list the "cranking amp" rating on there "deep cycle" batteries does not mean anything. Marketing!!!
I suggest you do the research for your self. Here are a couple places to start.
Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
What's the difference between a normal car battery and a deep-cycle battery? - HowStuffWorks
The brand quoted is a fine brand of AGM deep cycle battery. Just not the only AGM deep cycle battery on the market today.

batman is offline   Reply With Quote