Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Savannah , Georgia
Solid state control system ?'s

'78 Ambassador. Have three questions about the control system.
When I first hooked up shore power, the red AC Power light was lit. It is now not lit, but I still have power. How do you change the bulb if there is one to be changed?
Under the AC Power is a round "opening" next to Panel Display that I assume was once some sort of button. It is missing. How do I replace this button and where do I get one?
What is this button supposed to do? When the pump switch is turn on either at the display or in the bathroom, the pump light does work.
Thanks. Jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream78 014.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	456.3 KB
ID:	99033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream78 010.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	405.4 KB
ID:	99034  

Skamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
1978 29' Ambassador
1971 23' Safari
Ball Ground , Georgia
The 'bulbs' are LED's. The AC indicator LED probably burned out. I've never opened the panel, but my guess is the LED's are soldered to a pc board running the length of the panel.

The round opening to the left of the Panel Display label is a momentary push button. When pressed, lights the other LED's to indicate status of Battery charge level, Main (Fresh water), Black and Gray tank levels. The button looks broken. Again, my guess is the push button is also soldered to the pc board?

Both are easy fixes and parts should be available at your local Radio Shack. If you cannot solder, maybe someone at the store might be willing to do it for you, but I question the capabilities of most Radio Shack employees these days.

The pump light has no bearing on the AC Power LED or momentary button.

Hope that helps.
miker64867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Savannah , Georgia
It sheds some light on the subject. Have same feeling about closest Radio Shack, but do have a friend that builds computers. Thanks. Jack
The pump light was just to let someone know I had some power to the display...and the 110 outlets work.
Skamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote