No these contacts definetely were damaged due to a serious short circuit in the campground's power outlet. It melted my power cord, 30 AMP male end and fried the contacts in the reel. I spent 3 nights in the middle of January at -15 Celcius with only a space heater run off an extension cord and the stove top for heat until it could be repaired. I have no idea who makes this reel and will need parts for it. I was thinking of taking it to an electrical repair shop abd seeing if they might be able to fix it. The reel is a nice feature and I'm getting tired of shoving the power cord into the compartment around the reel. Any suggestions?