Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2008 34' Classic S/O
Arnprior , Ontario
replacement batteries on my '02 Classic 31'

i have pulled the two interstate deep cycle batteries out of my 2002 30 classic. one battery is pretty dry and the other one is down a bit of water. i have had the AS for three years. in that time I have never used the batteries on their own always using shore power where we camped. so I am at the point that I want to replace both batteries and I am looking for information/advise.
1/ based upon current battery offerings do I stay with 'standard' batteries or should I be looking at some 'new style' of batteries?
2/ should I be looking at an update to my charger/converter unit in my AS?
i do have a solar panel on the roof with a solar charge controller on the wall. Sorry but 'shiny' is all tucked away for the winter so I don't have any info at my finger tips on the control unit. i believe it was factory installed.
thanks for any input. i am looking to do the right thing at a time when I have to by batteries. may as well do the right thing now and not have to redo it.
thanks
Pete
white laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Well, from how you describe your camping preferences, I wouldn't spend a lot on replacement batteries. Buy decent lead acid batteries from NAPA but don't get all crazy with AGM's.

I would definitely replace the converter with a multistage unit (Best Coverters is a good source) so you don't damage the new batteries.

Mike
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote