Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Recommendations for trickle charger?

It is my first season winterizing my 08 23FB SE and I am wondering what type of trickle charger you folks recommend for removing/storig the 2 marine/RV batteries on the unit for winter.

Any particular brand or things to look for on the charger?

Thanks!

Sandy
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Hawkeyes & Harleys

2006 16' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Thumbs up Battery Charger

I use a Battery Tender Plus on my Harley and Batteryminder on the AS. Most any good charger/maintainer will work. The Batteryminder can be found at RV supply. Battery Tender are usually avail. at Auto Parts stores.
HOG-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
battery charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG-I View Post
I use a Battery Tender Plus on my Harley and Batteryminder on the AS. Most any good charger/maintainer will work. The Batteryminder can be found at RV supply. Battery Tender are usually avail. at Auto Parts stores.
Thanks. I found a 12 volt 1.3 amp batteryminder model that seems like it would do the trick for winter storage. I am assuming if you get a 12 volt with higher amps (like 5 amps) this just speeds up the charging process. Seems like the cost is about the same if you buy 2 single chargers versus one dual charger for the two batteries.

I have experience with the batteryminder from my motocross days so will probably pick one of those up.

Sandy
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote