Old 09-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Rivet Master
1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
Raised converter off of floor

I was working on the plumbing on my77 Argosy. In the back closet are a bunch of valves, and assorted pipes, my converter, and fuse box, which is mounted on the wall. While looking at it I realized that if I had a water leak, my converter is mounted flat on the floor and would get soaked. I put 2 one inch blocks of wood under it and remounted it. So now if I have a leak it would have to spray directly on it to get it wet. Just thought I would share, as this change could save someone's converter in the event they had a water leak.

ventport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
That is a good idea. When redoing my '75, I made a shelf above where mine was and raised it about 12" above the floor.

WBCCI# 9259 AIR# 38927 TAC-TX 14
Stop Littering-Spay & Neuter-- Adopt From Rescue
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
I raised mine too. Mine is mounted at the front between the battery boxes. I used four large rubber stoppers from Home Depot as feet. I drilled partially through the stoppers and screwed them to the floor, then screwed the new Inteli-Power to them.

They also serve as vibration dampeners. (Not really necessary with the quiet fan on the Inteli-Power, but I too was interested in getting it off the floor in case of any leaks.)

vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1979 31' Sovereign
Northeastern , Kentucky
I have the same converter as in Vswinsfield's pic, and mine is in the same location as well. However, mine sits inside a metal box with a metal lid. The bottom of the metal box is open to a vent that goes outside beneath the trailer, so it can circulate air. Any issue with the metal lid? It's been this way for a few years and has been fine, but I was just wondering if more airflow would be better. Of course, if there was no lid on the metal box, cold/hot air from outside would more easily get into the trailer.
KYAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1979 31' Sovereign
Northeastern , Kentucky
KYAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
beaumont , Texas
access to power

I have a 75 international also. I want to upgrade the univolt, which is really buried behind a bunch of stuff in the closet. How do you access the unit to change it? seems like a lot of tearing stuff out or is there a better way to it? I have a intellipower unit ready to go in, and have been procrastinating because it looks so daunting to get in there. any help would be great. thanks, richard in Texas.. 69 safari, 68 safari, 68 international, 75 international.

Dixie722 is offline   Reply With Quote