Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Mill Valley , California
power source?

Hi
Is it ok for me to use my trailer battery to power an air compressor to fill my tires or is it better to use the battery in my truck?
Thanks guys....you've been great answering my quetions!
millvalleyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
I would use whichever is more convenient, but, make sure the circuit is rated above the current draw of the compressor. Most likely will not be a problem if you're using a 12v auto type compressor.
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by millvalleyca
Hi
Is it ok for me to use my trailer battery to power an air compressor to fill my tires or is it better to use the battery in my truck?
Thanks guys....you've been great answering my quetions!
Either will work well and I have used both with my 12VDC compressor. The only thing to consider is the recharge rate of the battery and how it will be re-charged. If you're on the road, I would consider using the TV battery since it will be recharged fasterwhile your motor is on. If parked at a camp ground and plugged in to 120VAC, the trailer battery will be re-charged by your converter.

If you have a short power supply cord (nothing personal here), then which ever battery is closest .
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote