Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Cypress , California
Position #2 Fuse keeps blowing

2017 27FB Serenity. Everything has been working flawlessly until I started full timing on Friday. Lost power in fantastic fan (was making noises prior to stopping) and each time I turn on the dinette table lights, the fuse in position #2 keeps blowing. I narrowed it down twice, replacing the fuse each time. Any suggestions? I am considering replacing the LED light bulbs thinking I might have a bad light... Any help would be appreciated. The fantastic fan will be a problem for another day unless some how associated..

MilesToRV
milestorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
All the wires junction only at the devices and switches so you can isolate them fairly easily and narrow the problem down to one of the lights, the switch or the connections. Remove the fuse and check the load side of the fuse slot for continuity to ground/common. If there is continuity, Remove/turn off the other loads on that circuit until the circuit is open. If there is no continuity then flip the switch and check again. Then remove one light at a time and do the same. I believe it is a 15A fuse but in any case the minimum resistance should be around 3-5 Ohms, but since the fuse is blowing, it is likely less than one. With both lights removed the circuit will be open unless the problem is in the wiring or connectors.

Good luck
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Cypress , California
Position #2 Fuse keeps blowing

Thank You BayouBiker. I have a lot to learn about electricity and will follow/learn from your post. Appreciate the clear directions and hopefully can tackle it on my own..

MilesToRV
milestorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
You're welcome, I hope you're able to isolate the problem and fix it. Now on the fan, check the fuse on the fan itself first. If the fuse is good, with the fan speed set to any position but off, you should be able to see the red led that is part of the rain detector. If not, you may not have any power, take the trim off and check for power at the wire caps. Have power, then one or more of the fan components is faulty. I'd track the problem down but you may want to just replace the unit.

If it is blown, turn off the fan motor switch (not the fan speed selector) and replace the fuse. Then use the open close switch to verify the stepper motor and electronics work. If so, turn on the fan motor switch, if the fuse blows or it still makes noise then the motor is bad or dirty. You could remove the fan blade and use compressed air to blow the motor out and then lubricate the shaft and try again.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote